Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    du-k Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2006, 01:01 PM
    Help remove old scars?
    I have this old scar on my leg since I was little.. I won't wear shorts or anything that will show my legs beacause of the scars.I've tired to cover it up with makeup but it doesn't look right cause my legs are so light.. can anyone suggest anything?:(
    dipsetmami69 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2006, 12:06 PM
    My friend had a scar on her face from when she was a child. She was going to get it removed with a laser, but instead started putting cocoa butter on it every day. It lessens the appearance of the scar, but will obviously not totally remove it.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Sep 26, 2006, 10:26 PM
    Old scars can be treated with Laser Resurfacing. Laser resurfacing is a popular treatment used to cure many skin defects. But if the scar on your leg was cause from an accident, and looks severe in size, thickness and color. It may need to be surgically removed by a plastic surgeon.
    julsky Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 8, 2006, 07:39 AM
    Hi du-k, I feel for you. I also have some scars on my legs and eversince, I cannot wear skirts or shorts. I think for the past year or so, I have been applying whitening cream on them and actually they have lightened considerably. I tried going to the derma but the peeling and bleaching treatments can be really costly considering that there is no guarantee that your scars will totally fade. They will just be lightened.
    thuy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2006, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by du-k
    i have this old scar on my leg since i was little..i won't wear shorts or anything that will show my legs beacause of the scars.I've tired to cover it up with makeup but it doesn't look right cause my legs are so light..can anyone suggest anything?:(
    Hi I am also have the same problem that you having but this is new scars because I fall over if you have any idea pleas let me know and I will let you know if I do too
    cjbeliever Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 03:00 PM
    You could try using mineral makeup... they have awesome cover ups that will cover even strawberry birthmarks easily, and come in very pale colors, sometimes two so that they can be mixed up for the exact shade you need. I use the Leeza Gibbons brand for both my regular make up and to cover psoriasis when need be, which can be rough on top of red. But it still does a good job. I ordered it online, but have seen other brands around in beauty shops etc.
    I have also been using curad scar therapy on a small but raised scar (maybe three skin layers deep), and it seems to be working already, but I have only been using it for a week, so I will have to see the result to give it a really hearty thumbs up... but check your local drug store if you don't want to wait for my outcome. ;-) I found curad scar therapy in Walgreens Drug Store.
    aardael Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 03:25 AM
    I also have a 20 yr. old flat pigmented burn scar. I apply hydroquinone (3%) with tretinon every evening. After that I apply an Alpha Hydroxy Acid (Glycolic Acid) cream. I religiously applied it for two months. It indeed lightened my scars. Then I put on Contractubex (same as Mederma) until now. It worked for me.
    slimthangrecy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2008, 07:48 PM
    Comment on cjbeliever's post
    This was very helpful thanks for posting this...
    lucygoma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2009, 11:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by du-k View Post
    i have this old scar on my leg since i was little..i won't wear shorts or anything that will show my legs beacause of the scars.I've tired to cover it up with makeup but it doesn't look right cause my legs are so light..can anyone suggest anything?:(
    Hey, I just want you to know that I suffered the same fate as you did. But, in my late 40s I got the chance to go to the USA and live there for good. Believe it or not, every time winter comes, my skin gets really dry and starts flaking (they call it "ashy" legs) and this started all the peeling. My scars eventually lightened up and then magically, the dark parts blended with the real color of my skin which is fair or light. Now I can wear skirts, dresses and shorts. Unfortunately, not everyone can live in a country where there's extreme weather conditions.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Apr 12, 2009, 07:32 PM

You can try a silicone sheet. I'm not sure where you can get it from but you can ask a doctor.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2009, 07:29 AM

You can get them at Pharmacies.
    xxgawjuzuxx Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2009, 06:00 AM

Hey bio oil works really well for scars :) it did for me..
    LovesTheSun13 Posts: 68, Reputation: -2

Jun 7, 2009, 01:27 PM
    Use Vitamin E... it's called Webber. It made a scar that I got on my face when I was 3 completely disappear
    carmari Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2009, 04:42 AM
    I have my old scars and keloids.. it is about 3years.. I can't wear shorts and mini skirts and sexy sandals and even my school uniform.. or any that can be seen it... because of this I have no confidence with myself.. its really bother me always and its makes me dissapointed when I see girls wearing those things that I can't wear.. its really distract me. I have tried already many scars removal but still it don't fade and nothing happens.. :confused:

Hope you guys can help me on this.. :confused:

Thanks..
    carmari Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2009, 04:43 AM
    I have my old scars and keloids.. it is about 3years,from accident.. I can't wear shorts and mini skirts and sexy sandals and even my school uniform.. or any that can be seen it... because of this I have no confidence with myself.. its really bother me always and its makes me dissapointed when I see girls wearing those things that I can't wear.. its really distract me. I have tried already many scars removal but still it don't fade and nothing happens.. :confused:

Hope you guys can help me on this.. :confused:

Thanks..
    AntDX316 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2009, 06:43 AM

Keloids... that's nasty I'm sure plastic surgery can help u out a lot they now change peoples face and do all kinds of reskinning and it looks exactly like its natural once it heals
    mle4ever Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2010, 03:39 AM
    And suffering the same thing and its killing me..
    I really have no idea what to do with this scars.. and I really mean scarSSS.. a lot of them..
    It started when I was a little kid.. and until now I still have it. I am now 20.
    And there are no such products here in our place.
    It really sucks.. huhuhu
    UglyLegs Posts: 2, Reputation: -4

Aug 10, 2010, 08:02 PM
    I'm 16 and I'm black girl and I have all them problems I want to go out and look cute in shorts with my friends but I doe. I truly hate this. None of my family feels my pain they think people don't look but when I show even a little bit of my skin people look and talk. I have these scars All over my body they came from playing as a young child. I was an super tomby sports were my thing. I live iin philly were it gets hot and I wear pants all the time. I hate my body. My mom says the scars are my fault. Yeah I caused it but I was young. I this page is very helpful I tried it all and nothing worked. That's,, I thinks ima try natural skin tan that matches my tone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Scars [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to know from anybody who has any advice on how to reduce scar tissue or even if there is any way that the scars can be removed. I have a close relative that has suffered from depression and as a result has self harmed in the past. The scars are a nasty reminder of the past...

I want to get rid of acne scars! [ 15 Answers ]

It seems as though all the posts I read on different sites are focusing on products that are great but they are used to "lighten" the skin. I am a coffee colored af. Am. Female and I must say I would never want to lighten my skin to be a whole different complexion. I just want to fade the few acne...

Acne scars [ 3 Answers ]

I have acne scars, ice pick kind all over my cheeks and some on my forehead. I have never had cystic acne and my acne never used to leave any scars until about 9 months ago when I started using birth control pills for my acne I used ortho tri cyclen for 6 months which made my acne worse then I...

Scars [ 5 Answers ]

I have some dark scars and I was wondering if any one knew something that might help them fade ?

Add/Remove Programs doesn't have REMOVE option [ 4 Answers ]

In Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs on Windows XP Home, some of the programs do not have the REMOVE button below them. WHY not? How do I remove programs from the Add or Remove Function, when it displays the program, but when I highlight it, it doesn't give the option to REMOVE it?

View more questions Search