Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KH37JH Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2010, 07:29 PM
    Water is barely coming out of faucet. Have replaced stem. Stem is not tight. When I turn the knob for the hot water I am not getting a forceful stream. The stream was forceful before I REPLACED THE STEM. Plus every now and then water stream out the spout.

How do I replace the bathtub fauct from leaking.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 3, 2010, 07:33 PM

Shut off the supply line to both hot and cold since you have not mentioned which is causing the issue. Remove the stem and then have someone else turn on the supply while you place a tightly held towek over the opening. Did debris come out, did this have a good volume and force?
    KH37JH Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2010, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KH37JH View Post
    How do I replace the bathtub fauct from leaking.
    hot water. This is not the first time is has been leaking
    Probably every two months. I get a leak and change the washer.
    This time I replaced the stem and the stem is not tight. The water coming out of the spout is weak.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 4, 2010, 05:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    hot water. This is not the first time is has been leaking
    probably every two months. I get a leak and change the washer.
    Sounds like you have a faulty seat,(see image) and every time you replace a washer it just tears them up. You will need a seat in the proper size and a seat wrench, (see image).
    Turn the water off and pull the stem and washer assembly. With your seat wrench back the seat out counterclockwise. Take it in and have it replaced. Reinstall the seat, taking care not to cross thread it, and the stem and washer assembly. All better now? Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Licking bath tub faucet [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to change the faucet washer. Could you please tell me how to do it? Thank you very much for your help.

Leaking bath tub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bathtub/shower combo and my faucet drips a steady stream of water. I am not a "handy woman" so easy to understand answers are best for me. The faucet has one handle and moves from right to left to control water temperature. The faucet only use to drip occasionally but now it comes out in a...

Bath tub faucet [ 7 Answers ]

We cut off water supply for a couple of hours due to remodeling. We also took out the hot water heater. We turned the water back on and have cold water in every room except the bath tub. We have replaced the filter. When we removed the spout water is definitely coming through the pipes, but when we...

Bath Tub Faucet seat [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace a tub faucet seat in which the hex head is stripped out?

View more questions Search