Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2010, 03:46 AM
    Do u need a 30 day notice on month to month lease in Indiana
    Do you have to give landlord 30 day notice on a month to month tenancy in Indiana
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 27, 2010, 03:56 AM

No, you need one CALENDAR months notice. Therefore, if you give notice today it would be effective at the end of October.

Indiana Code 32-7-1-3
    IC 32-7-1-3 Sec. 3. All tenancies from year to year, may be
    Determined by at least three (3) months' notice given to the
    Tenant prior to the expiration of the year; and in all tenancies
    Which, by agreement of the parties, express or implied, are from one period to another, of less than three (3) months' duration, a notice equal to the interval between such periods shall be sufficient.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord Requiring 2 month Vacating Notice on 3 month (month to month) lease [ 21 Answers ]

I am in a situation and am in need of some advice. I am currently renting an apartment in Minneapolis. I am doing an internship which only requires me to live here for 3 Months. I signed a lease with a complex on a month to month basis. I planned to Move out at the end of April, so on march 1 I...

Is it common to have a 2 month notice to vacate on a month to month lease? [ 2 Answers ]

Can my landlord require me to give a 2 months notice to vacate even though my lease is month to month? It was in the lease which was originally a 1 year lease which after the year, change to month to month. I can see giving 60 days with the year lease, but not on a month to month.

Landlord Requireing 60 day notice to vacate on Month to Month Lease [ 5 Answers ]

I've lived in this apartment for 4 years. For the past year we have been going month to month, as we anticipated we might need to move out when we purchased a condo. Well, we got the condo, and now need to close in 1 month, yet the management in our apartment complex tells us we need to give...

Month to Month Contract (Security Deposit and 30 day Notice) [ 2 Answers ]

In the State of Ohio is it true the tenant has to give 30 days notice when they are moving out and the landord has to give 30 days notice when asking them to move out? If they do not give 30 days do they lose their security deposit?

View more questions Search