Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Twotwomuch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2010, 06:50 PM
    How long does an employer have to pay an employee?
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2010, 07:24 PM

It depends on your company's pay period and usually you will be paid the week after the end of your pay period.
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Oct 6, 2010, 06:37 AM

The length of time given the employer to pay the employee depends on which state you are working in.

Different states have different laws.

Generally you are paid on the established pay period. This could differ with holidays and or weekends.

If you are a new employee often the first week is a held back week and is paid at the end of your service with the company.

Some states allow weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly and monthly. Some states do not allow monthly for hourly workers in the private sector.

Shirley
    lyle125 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2011, 11:06 AM
    How long does an employer have to pay, his payroll in the state of Washington after pay day
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Sep 29, 2011, 01:40 PM
    In the state of Washington Employers must pay their employees on regular established paydays at least once a month.

Getting Paid

The above website is the labor rules of Washington State and down toward the bottom you can click a link to take you where you can file a complaint for not being paid your wages.

Shirley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can an employer divulge personal employee information to a non employee? [ 14 Answers ]

I was hurt at work and have been off for 6 weeks due to my injury. My question is, can my employer tell a friend of his that I have been off work and hurt, and missing a lot of work?

How long after death of an employee can I sue the employer. [ 4 Answers ]

My father was electricuted almost 3 year ago, he was operating a machine, he worked alone at night, he never came home, they still cannot tell us whether he passed away that day or the previous night.

How long can an employer wait to pay an employee in al [ 3 Answers ]

My husband was leased on as a driver to a company in al. his last paycheck should have been on the 23rd of July. The man isn't paying the was he is suppose to. How long does he have to pay what he owes to us.

Where should employer pay state tax for employee who works in CA but resides in NV? [ 1 Answers ]

Where should employer pay state tax for employee who works in CA but resides in NV?

Multiple pay rate for one employee? Or employee and contractor? [ 2 Answers ]

Can an employee perform accounting clerk duties at one rate of pay for 15 hours per week and then perform payroll duties 1-2 days a month at a different rate? Alternatively, can this employee (who has a bona fide accounting business on the side) be an employee for the payroll clerk function and...

View more questions Search