Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    llope6425 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Going from strawberry blonde to a more ash blonde?
    OKay so about a month and a half ago I had my hair dyed blonde in a salon, at first it was like an golden blonde but now it is more of an strawberry blonde that looks exactly like this color

I really want to get a more ash blonde, I want my hair to have some ash/white tones to it. I can't afford to go to a salon so I need to know how can I achieve a more ashy color.
    christy9800 Posts: 59, Reputation: 7

Sep 6, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by llope6425
    OKay so about a month and a half ago I had my hair dyed blonde in a salon, at first it was like an golden blonde but now it is more of an strawberry blonde that looks exactly like this color

I really want to get a more ash blonde, i want my hair to have some ash/white tones to it. i can't afford to go to a salon so I need to know how can i achieve a more ashy color.
    If I were you, I would NOT get any hair color with the word 'ASH' in it. My sister used that color of blonde on her hair and it had the word ash in it and it turned her hair COMPLETELY green!! Be very careful if that's what u choose!
    natalie007 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2
    -

Sep 6, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by christy9800
    If I were you, I would NOT get any hair color with the word 'ASH' in it. My sister used that color of blonde on her hair and it had the word ash in it and it turned her hair COMPLETELY green!!! Be very careful if thats what u choose!
    That's true. Ash I believe has a base color of green, which is why it's used to take out red tones in hair. I would be careful as well. Try to stay away from ash.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Sep 6, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Ash-base colors are great for neutralizing brassy tones. But if you go over-board with ash colors, it will result in a green or gray cast. You have to follow the instructions carefully when using any ash-base colors. llope6425, if you want to go from strawberry blonde to ash blonde, you will need to use an "ash blonde" hair color. This will neutralize the red tones and lift it to an ash blonde shade. If impossible, get it professionally done or ask a friend that has experience in hair coloring to help you color your hair. Good luck, sweetie.
    llope6425 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Thank you so much Prettylady! :)
    lovehair Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2010, 04:53 PM
    My hair is also at the moment a strawberry blonde and yes it is frustrating when you have a desired colour in your mind... This is un-fortunatly one of the catches to going blonde! The colour stages varie from your original colour you begun with. In my case was dark brunnette. I suggest bleaching again with a lower level of peroxide and leave on for the recommended time, also it helps dramatically getting a blue bleach instead of the ordinary white because the blue counteracts the orange/golden blonde in your hair once this has been preformed wait a day or two if hair is feeling very dry and breakage is occurring... Then folow with "Ash Blonde" Packet dye. Depending on the level/shade you have reached for example if its still quite deep in shade don't get the blondest ash! Use maybe a 9 or 8 with Ash... If it is light and you love it get a 10 ash... Good Luck! P.s: Always remember to keep doing treatents and keritin conditions to your hair to maintain a healthy blonde look! No one likes a trashy blonde with chunks of her their missing!
    mich_benn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2011, 07:32 AM
    I had the same result, a strawberry blonde color. I used a dark ash blonde to neutralize the "red" in my hair and then use a frosting cap and hook to pull the sections I wanted highlighted through and bleached those. Came out awesome and I do the same thing now every couple of months, but not with ash anymore. Just the dark blonde. So in short, it worked for me!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My strawberry-blonde hair is now BRIGHT red. What do I do? [ 4 Answers ]

Every summer my natural strawberry blonde hair gets very, very blonde on the top & sides from the sun. It makes my pale skin look kind of washed out, so I thought hey, I'll get a box of red dye that matches the underside of my hair & that will kind of even it all out. Well now the parts of my...

Strawberry blonde, what is it? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I currently had my hair done about four months ago at my personal hairdresser's. It's most likely between a copper to an auburn shade of red. My dilemma is I want to go strawberry blonde, but am at a stand-still. Will I be able to reach this goal without a long waiting period? And, I've...

Ash blonde ended up bright yellow! [ 1 Answers ]

I've been blonde before.. many times actually but for the winter I went with a more natural light brown/dark blonde with a few super light blonde highlights. Then the nice weather kicked in and I wanted to be blonde again. So I went to Sally Beauty Supply and bought miss clairol winter wheat....

Ash blonde turned gray. Help me please. [ 1 Answers ]

I had previously bleached my hair from its original color of ash blonde. Now, I decided I wanted to go back. When I died my hair the bleached blonde turned gray. I'm so upset, and I really need help. Is there anyway the blue tint is going to fade? If so is there anything I can do to speed up the...

Can I bleach over strawberry-blonde hair? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everybody, A month ago I wanted to go lighter from a dark/red brown and I bleached it and then put a light brown dye over it as I knew it would go orange, but then I was told to put a pre lightener and an ash blonde in my hair and it turned a nice strawberry blonde. ...

View more questions Search