Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjgav03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2010, 01:01 PM
    Hot water tap only causes a loud vibrate when it's opened slightly.
    When I turn the kitchen hot water tap on there is an immediate loud vibrate. However if I continue to open the hot water tap fully, the vibrating noise stops. But then when I start closing the tap, the vibrating comes back when it's almost shut, then stops when the tap is closed fully. In other words, the vibrating is only there when the hot tap is only slightly open.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 17, 2010, 03:31 PM

Hi Cjgav03...

Most likely the hot water washer has become TORN and will need to be replaced. Shut the water off to the faucet and remove the washer from the hot water side (or from the cartridge assembly) and get a replacement part.

Hopefully, that fixes this for you...

Mark
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 17, 2010, 03:35 PM

I agree with Mark. Older stem faucets even have a washer and they will vibrate if worn or if the screw is loose. Sometimes you can get away with flipping an old washer and use the back side.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 17, 2010, 03:52 PM

Im betting these guys are correct. Most likely you will find the screw that holds the washer in place has come loose. Please let us know how things work out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

Hot water coming from cold side tap even though hot water supply shut off [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I been having problem for past year now hot water comes from the cold side tap, I only have 1 tap that shares water hot and cold the other 2 I have are 2 separate hot cold and 2 are just cold taps now I have even shut the cold water supply to the hot water tank off, but yet when I run the...

Cold water OK in kitchen tap but no hot -mixer tap [ 3 Answers ]

No problems with tap which is a mixer in kitchen, suddenly no hot water but cold water coming out OK. Could this be a build up of lime? And how can I fix it?

I have only luke warm water coming through my hot bath tap and sink tap [ 0 Answers ]

Hello I am suddenly only getting luke warm water coming through the hot taps in my bathroom. All other rooms are fine. I have a bungalow with two bathrooms a kitchen and a utility room. The system is run off a LPG combi boiler.

Dripping kitchen hot tap makes a loud noise when other taps are used. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi The hot tap at our kitchen sink has started making a loud humming noise whenever other taps in the house are used. I've been told it needs a new seal but as I don't know the make or model of the taps, I won't be able to get the correct part and my only option is to buy new taps. Is this true?...

View more questions Search