Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Sep 7, 2010, 11:20 AM
    Do protein bars really make you gain weight?
    I was just wondering if protein bars really make you gain weight. And if so, which are the best ones to get?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2010, 11:44 AM

I think like most foods it depends on how much you eat and how many calories you burn. A lot of people don't realize how many calories are packed into those little bars and that they may not need all of the protein in them either. Some people treat them like a granola bar without realizing that there are way more calories in an energy or protein bar than most cereal bars, and then they don't do any extra activities to burn those extra calories and gain weight.
    Taste wise, I like luna bars and cliff bars the best, although they don't have as much protein as other bars out there. I like the mint chocolate cliff builder's bar too, I know it has more protein than regular cliff bars, I forget how much though.

Sep 7, 2010, 11:50 AM

Thanks a lot Curious :-)

I have a coupon and wanted to try some out, but then I heard that they make you gain weight.
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2010, 11:28 PM

Sometimes I grab them in the morning if I don't wake up early enough to have a real breakfast before class. And if I have just that and something to drink it's usually enough to hold me over until lunch.

Sep 9, 2010, 07:01 AM

Oh OK, cool!

What kinds are your favorite curious?
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2010, 11:49 AM

For cliff, I love the white chocolate macadamia and mint chocolate, although the chocolate chip, brownie, and blueberry flavors are pretty tasty too. Luna bars I like white chocolate macadamia, peppermint stick, lemon, and cookies and cream a lot. What brands do you have coupons for? I think I've got a favorite for just about any brand lol

Sep 10, 2010, 09:14 AM

I have coupons for the Met-RX bars.. You have any of those before?
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2010, 02:57 PM

Ooo. That's one I haven't tried actually. I didn't even know they made bars, I only knew about their protein powder.

Sep 22, 2010, 03:07 PM

Lol I still haven't gotten a protein bar yet!!
    robinad Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Mar 31, 2011, 11:41 PM
    If you have a good coupon code, it's worth trying them both out, so you can find out which you prefer yourself.
    christinaderric Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2011, 09:57 AM
    For me, as a female I def. Suggest the zone bars, any of the dark chocolate ones. My husband prefers the clif builder ones (peanut butter) as for gaining weight, they are not a meal replacement bar, they are pretty much for athletes or anyone in a workout program for their bodies to recover. I hope this helps :)
    christinaderric Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2011, 10:01 AM
    As a female, I prefer any of the zone dark chocolate ones. My husband is all for the clif builder peanut butter. They are not meal replacement bars, they are for athletes and people who work out and need to replenish nutrients after a vigorous workout. I hope this helps?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to gain weight without protein [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is possible to gain body weight and a little muscle without consuming a lot of protein. I suffer from kidney disease and have been advised by a doctor not to eat more than 40 grams of protein daily. I am about 5'7" and weigh about 128 lbs, but I do run and go to the gym...

Introducing Protein to Gain Weight [ 40 Answers ]

Could I feed my dog canned tuna in addition to her dog food to help her gain weight? She has always been thin (so is her mom) and is a picky eater. She won't eat expensive dog food so I have decided to start supplimenting since she will eat human food. I have tried various types of food of...

How you make a dog gain weight [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys ,I have a problem with my dog(rottweiler).. he is thin.. he doesn't have any health problems.do you know what I have to give him to eat, additional to the dry food to get 'fatter'?. I try all the dry food...

How to make a dog gain weight? [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is 5 years old he is a collie/husky/lab, he is a medium size dog and he is too skiny. He eats everyday and drinks water everyday.. I would like some tips or information to help my dog that I love so much gain some weight. Please someone give me a good answer that will work.

View more questions Search