Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Captiviagal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2010, 08:08 PM
    Remove flushed braclet from toilet
    I flushed my gold braclet down the toilet, how can I get it out?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 4, 2010, 06:28 AM

If you've flushed the bracelet down then I'm afraid it's gone out into the sewer and is lost forever. If it's gone past the bowl then you've lost it. Sorry! Tom
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2010, 07:02 AM

Captivagal, depending on how valuable the bracelet is, you could have a plumber run a camera down the line and see if it by chance is in the line somewhere, not very likely but, who know. Good luck.
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 5, 2010, 02:30 PM

I think it's wasted money to "sewer cam" the drain. If the bracelet was light enough to get past the trap then , most likely, it's long gone. Adding to the problem if anybody used the toilet and flushed paper behind it. Best of luck, Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 5, 2010, 11:22 PM

My 2 cents: Gold is very heavy metal... It doesn't travel well in sewer lines, especially in form of a bracelet. Bracelets don't float too well and bcs of its shape are hard to push...

I hope you didn't use that bathroom after you flushed the bracelet. I would definitely spend the money and have video inspection done. I think you have 50/50 chance of recovering it...

Let us know how you did... Back to you... Milo
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 6, 2010, 06:54 AM

Good point Milo. However we don't know how heavy the bracelet was do we?
    Even a heavy mens bracelet , (one like I'm wearing), will get pushed down the line once it gets flushed past the trap. A women's bracelet's much lighter and will be carried along with the flow much easier. If it's a very valuable piece of jewelry then the expense of a sewer cam may be warranted, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. Especially if the toilet has been used after you lost the bracelet. I really hope you find it. I'm rooting for you!! Good luck, Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 6, 2010, 10:23 AM

Tom, if the toilet was used after it was originally flushed down the drain - then I assume the bracelet wasn't too important... :D
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 6, 2010, 11:37 AM

Milo,
    Let's ask the OP.
    Captivagal, Was the toilet used after you flushed the bracelet down? And just how heavy was it? Again, I hope you are able to retrieve your jewelry but I've gone looking for everything from lost ear rings to a set of lower dentures and haven't found anything yet. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet empties when different toilet flushed [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I have a confusing problem.I just installed a new toilet in place of an existing one. The promblem is when I flush the new toto toilet, my other toilet bowl almost completely empties.. The 2 toilets are basically back to back, and use the same vent pipe through the roof.(3 inch copper).No pipes...

Girgling in toilet and shower when toilet is flushed [ 1 Answers ]

I had a new septic tank and leach field installed in Jan of 08. In Jan 09 we begin to notice the shower drains girgling when we flushed the toilets and also noticed septic water coming up through the ground on the lower and last run of the leach field. I discovered that my underground gutter...

Toilet rises and bubbles when another toilet is flushed during heavy rain [ 1 Answers ]

Toilet rises, bubbles and partially empties itself when another toilet is flushed. The water drains fine from the flushed toilet. House is ranch stlyle on a slab and connected to a public sewer system. The toilets are not back to back, but about 10 feet apart in two separate rooms We had heavy...

Basement toilet bubbles when upstairs toilet is flushed and washer drains. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Just recently (last few days) my toilet in the basement bathroom has begun to bubble. This is caused when one of the upstairs toilets (directly above it) flushes but not another one upstairs. It also bubbles quite rapidly when the clothes washer drains. The washer is located in the...

Water rushes up when the toilet is flushed into another toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 storey layout house. The guest restroom on the ground floor is exactly below the Jack and Jill Washroom of the top floor. It looks in both the restrooms the toilets share the pipe line The problem is when someone goes to restroom on the ground floor , the top floor toilet gets...

View more questions Search