Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mr.Tinker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2010, 12:40 PM
    What does a breather assembly do on a briggs and stratton engine
    I have a 5 hp briggs and stratton engine. The engine would not start unless you dripped gas in the carburetor. I put a new diaphragm in, and it still will not run unless you drip the gas in. There is no trash or rust in the tank. Could it be the breather assembly? How do you tell if one is bad.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2010, 08:04 PM

Don't think so.
    Did you clean the carb while you had it off .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

16 hp briggs and stratton engine pushing oil into crankcase breather tube [ 7 Answers ]

16 hp briggs and stratton engine pushing oil into crankcase breather tube. The engine is in a Cub Cadet 582 and the oil collects in the air cleaner pan. The oil level is correct. Any idea what might be wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.

Briggs stratton breather tube [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Briggs Stratton HP OHV engine, model 282H07. I had petrol spitting out of the spark plug hole when I turned the engine over. I have cleaned out the carb several times (with air compressor) and it seems perfectly clean. The float and needle also seem okay. The engine now runs but I can see...

Rover (Briggs & Stratton) Easy Start 200 re-assembly [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so basically I know nothing about mowers... my partner asked me to post this because he is a bit stuck putting this mower back together again. We were given it by my dad and it used to be my grandfathers so it's rather old, apparently when it goes, it goes like a dream though... It was...

Ring gear assembly instructions for 14.5 overhead valves Briggs & Stratton [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I get written instructions for the Briggs & Stratton 14.5 overhead valve ring gear assembly for a rider mower? Thanks for a quick response.

View more questions Search