Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    infullbloom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2010, 09:19 PM
    Can you get a divorce from your husband if he has dementia and is in a nursing home.
    Can you get a divorce from a spouse who has dementia and is in a nursing home. He cannot sign his name or understand many things. I want the divorce because of Medicaid issues. I want to keep his qualified for medicaid. We are both on Social Security and they apply both amounts. If he was single he will qualify longer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 14, 2010, 09:23 PM

He will have to be appointed an attorney to represent his rights.

And of course if this is proven to be the reason, medicare may want to consider this a fraud to get services not entitled to.

I would sit down with a elder care attorney and go over my options.
    ChevJames Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2011, 06:19 AM
    Medicaid is a sick joke, because it requires people to be literally starving before they can get it. Do anything you can to keep it. The only "fraud" being perpetrated is by the US government.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I set up a Nursing Home Care Agency using my own home in the UK? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I set up a Nursing Home Care Agency using my own home in the UK?

How I can stop the divorce if my husband ask her divorce in tunisia and I live in you.k [ 1 Answers ]

I'm tunisian women I get married with a man who have both nationalite tunisian and british we live together in u.k I left my house because violence domestic and I live in refuge the silicitor put my report to home office for have leaving remain in u.k in this time my husband go in tunisia and...

How to set-up nursing home using your home [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, good day to everyone. I'm planning to have my own business here in Canada. And I want to set-up a nursing home using my own home. Can you help me how to do it?

My name is not on the deed to our home and my husband wants divorce. [ 1 Answers ]

My husband wants a divorce. He has promised me the house. My name is not on the deed. But it is on the mortgage, along with his name. My husband wants to refinance the house before we start the divorce proceedings. He is hoping to get a lower interest rate to make it easier to pay the mortgage and...

My husband is in a nursing home, does he have to respond to a court summons? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is in a nursing home and cannot respond to a court summons from a debt collector.. what will happen if he doesn't show up?

View more questions Search