Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steve9909 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2010, 08:32 AM
    Could my foot valve cause my well pump to lose it's prime
    My water keeps cutting off. Could it be a faulty foot valve. I added air to my tank and also put a new switch on the pump.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 14, 2010, 08:58 AM

If you're losing prime then the first thing I would suspect would be the check or foot valve. You are certain that your check valve's located in he well point and not a check vaI added air to my tanklve located on the surface next to the pump?
    If the foot valve's faulty you don't have to pull the well point. You can simply add a check valve on the suction line next to the pump.
    I added air to my tank
    Let's do that again.
    Your air setting on the tank should be 2 pounds UNDER the cut in point in the pressure control box. If your pressure control has a 20 PSI cut in and 40 PSI cut out the tank pressure should read 18 PSI. The bladder tank setting MUST be made with the pump off and the system bled down by opening a cold water faucet after you shut the system down at the breaker box. Hope this helps and thank you for rating my reply. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you prime a pump? [ 5 Answers ]

Can somebody tell me how to prime a sprinkler pump the right way? I have 2 cut-off valves on my system. The first one leads to the pump, and the other valve leads to the cylinder shaped thing with the five tubes on it... My question is: do I close the 2nd valve and open the first valve to let water...

I can't get my jet pump to prime and my foot valve is working correctly [ 1 Answers ]

5 days ago my hubby was drilling holes for a garage and hit our water line he repaired the break in the feed and return line, we tried to prime the pump and we cannot get the pressure to build like it should. We have checked to repairs to make sure they are not leaking... nothing 5 days later we...

How to prime the pump for a well that serves a geothermac heat pump [ 0 Answers ]

The power went off for a while this afternoon. When it came back on... the pump had lost it's prime... how do I prime the work to get my air conditioning on again?

Water well pump won't prime I know but I can't get to prime [ 0 Answers ]

I know how to prime a water well pump but Icant get it to prime . How would I know if something wrong with the pump

Pump Will not prime [ 2 Answers ]

We have a jet pump well system that has been a pain from day one. Currently the problem is that we lost prime in the pump and now can not get it back. We have checked water level in well, that's fine, checked foot valve, that's fine. Pipes in the ground that run to the well holding water...

View more questions Search