Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbossier17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2010, 08:21 PM
    Tub won't drain and toilet bubbles up
    We just recently renovated our master bathroom. We put in a new toilet, bathtub, sink, pretty much gutted the whole thing and redid everything. While working on the tub, we have been able to use the new toilet with no problems. Today is the first time we have used the bathtub. When I went to drain the tub, the toilet began bubbling up and won't flush. The tub also will not drain. We didn't have drainage problems with the tub before and now all of a sudden the toilet won't flush. What went wrong??
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2010, 04:07 AM

When u say toilet won't flush, do u mean the water will not go down or it is not get water from tank?

Remove overflow cover in tub and run snake down about 15 feet. See if this helps.

Chuck
    lbossier17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2010, 07:31 AM

When I try to flush the toilet the water just rises and won't go down. We stayed up pretty late last night trying to fix the problem and gave up and called Roto Rooter this morning. Waiting for them to arrive now.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2010, 09:50 AM

Good luck

If we can be of any other help, let us know.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet bubbles, draining tub sink gurgles, [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My house was built in the 50"s. Had new sewer line put in about 10 years ago. Flush the toilet and a big bubble of air comes up and not everything flushes. Having a bath and letting the water out the sink will gurgle. Someone snaked my toilet and all is okay with this. Wonder if it could be...

Bathroom Tub & Sink drain slowly (most recent) & Toilet bubbles when Washer empties [ 13 Answers ]

I recently purchased a 50 year old home (Oct 2009) and moved into the home in March. The house is one floor (crawlspace), has a utility sink that the washer drains into, and has only one bathroom - which all drain into the town sewer. The problems are starting to escalate, and I need some advice...

Air bubbles in toilet when tub drains [ 8 Answers ]

I'm on public sewer, and I have a toilet that has started bubbling occasionally. The toilet has never had any drainage issues prior to this. I read online that a blockage in the air vent was a likely culprit. I tried snaking out the vent on the roof with a garden hose. No apparent result. Then...

Toilet backing up into tub and tub bubbles in toilet [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 30 year old septic system that started acting up after we had it pumped the last time. The drains in the rest of the house work, but the toilet and tub do not. When we flush the toilet, it backs up into the tub and when we run water in the tub, it forces air into the toilet and...

Bubbles coming up from new tub drain [ 1 Answers ]

We just had our bathroom remodeled and the new tub now drains very slowly and bubbles come up when its draining. Did the contractor not vent it properly?

View more questions Search