Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tuila Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 06:52 AM
    Probation Violation for Bad Behavior?
    I just received a probation violation notice for failure to be of good behavior. What I did was sign a friends AA slips for him and he admitted that he wasn't going to AA to his probation officer. My probation officer found out and now he recommended to the judge that my stay of execution be vacted and the judge accepted. I have a court date of January 23. Any advise?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 5, 2007, 06:58 AM
    You are going to be executed?
    yoursonlymine Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jan 5, 2007, 07:04 AM
    If it is your first violation you will plead guilty and continue your probation. If you been violated before they might extend your probation. If you violate to many times go to jail then. The best thing to do is go to court do not run!! And don't be scared to be totally honest with the judge about your action's you lie and try to fight it like your not guilty and your friend already snitched on you it will be nothing but a bad day. This comes from experience only I'm not an expert on this subject at all and I live in ma so laws and probation are different. Just remember that the judge is human and has opinions so he already knows if your guilty or not so be courteous and gentle and honest.

Jan 5, 2007, 07:12 AM
    I have been on probation for 18 months, I paid my fine and did all the stuff the judge told me to do. I have never violated before, and I have a 2 year sentence which 205 days were stayed. This is the toughest county for criminals and I am wondering if I should be getting a lawyer.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 5, 2007, 07:16 AM
    Didn't you have a lawyer when you were first convicted? You should consult him. But I'm not sure what help he can provide. The facts are that you violated your probation. And not in a passive way. You falsified a document. Your best bet is just throwing yourself on the mercy of the hearing officer. Mention that you fuflilled all the other requirements and that this was a first violation.
    yoursonlymine Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jan 5, 2007, 07:20 AM
    I'm not going to tell you not to get a lawyer. If you got the money then use it freedom is priceless.but I don't think it will make that much of a difference I think you should be fine.on the other hand never assume what the court is going to do.that is bad.just know what attitude you need to have when you go.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuila
    Any advise?
    Hello Tulia:

Sure - I got advice.. 1. Hire a lawyer. 2. Pay ALL your fines and probation fees. 3. Pay ALL your restitution. 4. Complete ALL your community service. 5. Attend ALL your classes and counseling sessions - get letters saying you did. 6. Get a letter from your boss saying how wonderful you are. 7. Get letters from upstanding people who know you and can say how wonderful you are. 8. Write a letter yourself, admitting your guilt, apologizing to the court, and promising never to do it again. 9. Stop associating with people who snitch on you.

That should do it.

excon

PS> Oh yeah, do it ALL before your hearing.

Jan 5, 2007, 07:45 AM
    Thanks all for the advise. I am shopping around for lawyers right now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation Of Probation [ 9 Answers ]

My husband was charged with Resisting Arrest w/o Violence. He was sentenced to take 8 hr Anger management Class. Probation for 1 year. Write apology letter to cop. Pay court fees & FInes = 825.00. My husband was pulled back into jail for Violation Of Probation. Everything else was...

Probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Bryant Ficklin well I was put on probation for the first time in March for a mis for batter I was sent to 1 year in jail all susspend well in December I was pulled over and charged with a owi which is a Amis and a Cmis minor consumpution and another C Open container in the car well I...

Probation Violation [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a statute of limitations on a probation violation in the state of Michigan? A friend of mine had a warrant issued for her a long time ago for violation of probation. They never picked her up. It has been years since it was issued. Is there a limitation on how long of time passes that...

Violation of Probation [ 2 Answers ]

I received a underage drinking ticket and am currently on probation for that. I received a violation of probation for missing one of my alcoholic classes, because I had class conflicts at my university. I am working two jobs and going to school. Does this Violation in Indiana require me to go to...

Probation violation [ 7 Answers ]

Dose any one know if a probation violation is filed when youer arrested for a new charge or after you plead quilty to the new charge ?

View more questions Search