Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babygirl41180 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2010, 09:24 AM
    Are kittens born with fleas
    I hear all the time that kittens are born with fleas I wanted to no if this was true
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2010, 09:42 AM

No. They have to be exposed to fleas.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jul 23, 2010, 07:05 PM

Nope, but they can get fleas immediately after birth, from the mother. Fleas can also kill kittens, so it's important to get rid of them, ideally, before they're born.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are kittens born with fleas? [ 3 Answers ]

My cat had 4 kittens a week ago. Now I have seen a black thing what I don't think is a flea and looks more like a mini forky tail bug , but I have been told all kittens are born with fleas and I am on he verge of a break down as I have 2 cats and no spare cash to pay for frontline as that is what I...

Fleas on kittens [ 5 Answers ]

My cousins kittens have fleas, all over them, they just opened there eyes so I'm guessing there like 10-12 days old, and she doesn'T know how to get rid of them. When I noticed them I immediately stopped touching them afraid that I would bring the fleas home to my dog.:eek: And she wasn'T even...

Kittens have fleas [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone any information about putting diatomaceous earth on kittens 10 weeks old for prevention of fleas? I also would like to know how much Advantage flea drops is suggested for 10-12 week old kittens. These are ferel and wouldn't attempt to bathe them. Thanks

6 kittens. Fleas. [ 2 Answers ]

Our cat had 6 kittens.. (all VERY cute) they are now 6 weeks old and have fleas WHAT CAN I DO are they old enuf to give a flea bath? Can we flea bath the mom and de flea there envornment w.o them getting sick or dying? HELP ASAP

Kittens and fleas [ 5 Answers ]

I have four kittens that have fleas and I don't know how to get rid of them.:( Can some one help me! Thank you

View more questions Search