Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goldiesmom Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2010, 10:29 AM
    What is a class 6 felony in virginia
    My son is 21 and from New York. His friend and him came up with a scam to go on a shopping spree in Virginia with non existing people's credit cards. He was offered a plea bargain to accept 3 felonies two for possession and one for fraud. This is the same offer that was offered from the beginning when he had a public defendant. So broken hearted mom hired a lawyer and still this is the offer. He has no prior record and the friend who was with him was offered the same and he has a record. Should he accept.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2010, 12:39 PM

The title of this doesn't match the content BUT yes, if two Attorneys have the same recommendation, take it. In a case like this is pointless to argue that the other guy with a record is a bigger thief than the second guy with no record.

Your son is going to have to suck it up and take his punishment.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 17, 2010, 01:09 PM

The issue here is what evidence do they have. If they have enough to convict with no problem, then there is little reason for them to deal. Has his attorney make a offer to their offer
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2010, 07:18 AM

Hello mom:

Like the Padre said, he should accept IF he feels that he'll be CONVICTED in a trial. Because IF he's convicted, the sentence will be WORSE than the offer is. What his partner gets or is offered has NOTHING to do with it.

Let me tell you a story. Me and two buddies (ALL first offenders - ALL equally guilty), decided to do some illegal stuff. I got caught first and was given a HUGE sentence... They were caught later, had GOOD lawyers, were taken before a different judge, and were given SMALL sentences.

Was it fair?? You decide.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is most likely to happen for a class 6 felony in virginia? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm facing a class 4 felony along with a class 6 felony for the same incident, my lawyer says the class 4 will be dropped an I'm going to plead guilty to the class 6. I'm only 18 and my record has nothing but a disorderly conduct misdemeanor on it. Any chance of a reduced charge so I don't have to...

Can a class 6 felony be expunged in VA? [ 6 Answers ]

Convicted of 3rd DUI in VA, Class 6 Felony. Is there a chance of getting it expunged?

Class D felony [ 5 Answers ]

What is a Class D felony and what is the penalty? couns1337

What level or class felony is poss/w intent to distribute class d [ 3 Answers ]

In criminal law is possession with intent to distribute class d "one gram " a major or minor felony? I have this on my record because in mass there was no limit to be charged this way But now it is a civil offence no longer a crime.now that mass law is changed when it comes to marijauna will my...

View more questions Search