Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bomormon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2010, 06:08 PM
    How many amp should a 4.5 ton a/c pull
    How many amps should a 4.5 ton A/C unit pull? Right now I am running and it is pulling 19.5 amp with an outside temp of 93 degrees. It this about right or is my unit too old and should be lower. Please advise.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2010, 07:02 PM
    19.5 is good

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does a 3 ton coil match up with a 2 ton condenser unit [ 19 Answers ]

I have a new Payne brand 2 ton central air unit that was installed by my home warranty company, and after two months and after they sent out three different companies to try and fix my cooling problem, the last company decided that the original Carrier brand system that has been in my home for 26...

Geothermal a/c & heating sizing for 5 ton system [ 7 Answers ]

I live on the east end of long island NY. Wish to install dx system in ground water which is about 54 degrees

Poster in E&L needs some HVAC advice also, LRA of a 5 Ton unit [ 2 Answers ]

This is not really practical to try to deliver 120 volts at 150 feet and have the capacity for 400 amps. Assuming the maximum load of each 200 amp service to be 80% of full rating, would mean the calculations would be based on 320 amps, or 160 amps for each service entrance. Thanks for your...

Does a 4 ton evaporator coil match up with a 3 ton condenser? [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved into an 11 year old house last month. The AC has not worked properly since we moved in. The first AC guy the Homeowners Warranty company sent cleaned the unit and added freon. A month later, it was 83 degrees downstairs today. Last week they sent another guy and he found what he...

Trane 2 ton & 2 1/2 ton pricing [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find out if I am getting a fair or good price from a local company located here in Miami, Florida. Believe it or not the two A/C units in my home are still working from the day the house was built 19 years ago. I received a quote on 2 Trane units. XB13 2TTB30 30 = $2499 XB13...

View more questions Search