Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cristinc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Requesting supervised visitation in NY State
    What will a judge look at to order supervised visits for my four month old daughter and her father? He has 2 dwi convictions (4 arrests) and a stay in rehab which he did not complete, he was kicked out due to failing a drug test.
    I'm worried about my daughter's safety with him and I'm scared.
    hlindsay0420 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 01:22 PM
    That should be plenty... he will have to folow a lot of instructions from the court, but just remember that it needs to stay focused on your child's safety and well being. Also, request no over nights since the child is so young. I am going through the same mess right now, but it's not regarding drugs, it's regarding a CPS case that was opened against him and my oldest who is not his child. Thus far I have an order of protection and he has supervised visitation. I also live in NY.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2010, 02:43 PM

It comes down to whether he's a danger to the child. It is entirely possible that wherever he lives is not set up to care for a child overnight.

A Judge will evaluate all parties and issue an Order that is in the best interest of the child - as the Judge sees it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Supervised Visitation? Help! [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Maryland and my one-year old son's father has filed for joint legal custody. I am requesting sole custody with supervised visitation for him. He has destroyed property twice in my home (minor items but I have 2 police reports) plus left a bruise only ONE time when he grabbed my upper...

Single mother seeking supervised visits in NY State [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 26 year old single mother from upstate NY. My daughter is 4 months old, and her biological father (32 years old) left me when I was about 4 months pregnant. He has never spent more than a couple of hours with her. I am currently waiting a court appearance for custody and also I am...

Visitation across state lines? [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking to see if it will be possible to have my daughter come and visit me in Florida when her mother lives in Colorado. We are in the process of getting a divorce and my wife tricked me into moving to Colorado 5 months ago because she said she was not happy in Florida, even though we own a...

Define Supervised Visitation [ 1 Answers ]

I have a situation of a biological non-custodial parent that has supervised visitation. She had custody taken away due to neglect & other agency's findings. She does have supervised visits, and insist on trying to be alone with the child. Example, she will try to sneak out a door to take child...

Supervised Visitation [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I share joint guardianship (with another grandparent who hasn't been involved for 7 mths) of our two grandchildren. We located their father and have allowed him to have visits with them. Two weeks ago during their visit we were called by the children pleading to pick them up. Their...

View more questions Search