Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stutts60 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 08:48 AM
    How long does it take for hydrocodone to get out of your system
    I took one 500ml hydrocodone yesterday, how long before it is out of system?
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2010, 08:53 AM

There is no such thing as a "500 ml" hydrocodone. The "500" is usually in reference to the Tylenol in the pill.

There should be a number BEFORE the 500, like 2.5,5,7.5, or 10, which is the MG dose of hydrocodone.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 12, 2010, 09:01 AM

Ml refers to a liquid state...

Mg refers to a solid state.
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2010, 09:03 AM

Do you care to elaborate on HOW I AM WRONG? No, because I'm not wrong. This is another case of someone trying this site and not having enough common sense, and respect, to read the site rules.

This answer is not factually incorrect, and that's what the disagrees are for. I WAS going to try and help you, but not now.
    Expert

Jul 12, 2010, 09:08 AM

jmjoseph agrees : Yes, and "one 500 ml hydrocodone" implies the pill form does it not?
    No, it doesn't. The pill form would be "500 mg."
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2010, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    ml refers to a liquid state....

mg refers to a solid state.
    Yes, 500 ml would be one hundred teaspoons full, so this is obviously an error on the OP's part. I get the reddie for trying to help someone who doesn't have the time to read the site rules.
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2010, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    No, it doesn't. The pill form would be "500 mg."
    J, 500 mg of hydrocodone is a lethal dose, and not made. The maximum pill form is around 10mg. Can you look it up in your PDR?
    Expert

Jul 12, 2010, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    Yes, 500 ml would be one hundred teaspoons full, so this is obviously an error on the OP's part. I get the reddie for trying to help someone who doesn't have the time to read the site rules.
    500ml would be one hundred teaspoons depending on how it was ordered an what you would have in stock.

You see, it's like this:

Doctor orders 150 mg of hydrocodone, you have 275 mg/per ml in stock and you need to turn that into milliliters (if giving the liquid form).

You then divide 275 by 150 and multiply by one, you would then give a LIQUID dose of 0.55 ml of medication.

Oh, and I gave you a balancer for your answer. ;)
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2010, 09:25 AM
    Oh, and I gave you a balancer for your answer. ;)[/QUOTE]

And I thank you dear.
    Expert

Jul 12, 2010, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    J, 500 mg of hydrocodone is a lethal dose, and not made. The maximum pill form is around 10mg. Can you look it up in your PDR?
    This is kind of a double edged sword. Hydrocodone, sometimes known as Vicodin, as well as Lortab. comprises 2 medications. 1) Hydrocodone bitrate, and: 2) acetominophen (tylenol).

In the prescription strength there is 5mg of hydrocodone and 500mg of acetominophen.

I will have to look up all of the exact facts next time I am at work. For now, it's my bed time.
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2010, 10:43 AM

That was my point all along Thanks to DrBill,:Vicodin (Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen) Drug Information: Uses, Side Effects, Drug Interactions and Warnings at RxList
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2010, 12:51 PM
    Did DrBill post on this thread?

If so,the site has been not showing the posts, skin issues:(
    Expert

Jul 12, 2010, 08:28 PM
    I'm missing DrBill's post...

Can someone clue me in?
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2010, 08:31 PM

That link came from DrBill via a private conversation that we once had. He has yet to post on this question.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2010, 08:54 PM
    Thanks, I thought I was missing it too..

I don't get many post e-mails anymore,or any new thread notifications,even with the change over to g-mail I still don't get any additional ones, jmjoseph's post hasn't even registered and it's been 22 minutes...

I just can't understand the hang-ups.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2010, 09:01 PM

The half-life of Hydrocodone is about 4 hours, so multiply this number by 5. It should be nearly gone in 20 hrs. Done: Ans to original question

Hydrocodone is not available separately to my knowledge. Vicodin might be something like 5-500 mg Vicodin which is 5 mg Hydrocodone + 500 mg of Aceteminophen.
    Vicoprofin contains Hydrocodone and ibuprofin.

ml = milli-LITERS; LITERS like the 2 liter bottles of soda. M = 1000; thus 1 ml = 1/1000 of a Liter.

mg = milli-grams; grams is a unit of mass.

500 is out by a couple of order's of magnitude for hydrocodone. It's an OK number for aceteminophen,but the wrong units. 500 ml is abut the size of two 8 oz glass of water. I seriously doubt you drank that much of ANY medication.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Long does hydrocodone stay in your system [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone please tell me how long hydrocodone stays in your system ?

How long to get hydrocodone out of your system [ 5 Answers ]

How long does it take to get hydrocodone out of your system, what is the fastest way?

How long does Hydrocodone stay in your system [ 12 Answers ]

I took one hydrocodone pill today (Saturday) for a headache. It was given to me by a friend when I asked if she had anything for a bad headache. I totally forgot I am supposed to take a drug test on Monday to return to work after being on medical leave. Will hydrocodone show up in a drug test...

How long does hydrocodone last in your system [ 1 Answers ]

How long does hydrocodone last in your system?

How long does hydrocodone stay in your system? [ 1 Answers ]

I took two 7.5mg hydrocodone 7 days ago and am not a regular user, will this show up in a urine test>

View more questions Search