Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Danny460 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 06:26 PM
    Quote a paint job
    I am new at the quoting part of my business. How do I quote a painting job and still make money?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 13, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Experience will help you the more you get into it. Handymen charge about 50 to 60 cents a square foot, homeowner supplying the materials. Pros are double that or more so why not start in the middle and see if it puts food on your table. Once you build a client base you may decide to let that rate creep up if needed.
    cherriepieper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2010, 01:29 AM
    hi there from my experiences you have several options
    a. quote by the hour generally I charge between 40-70 depending on whether its commercail residential what's involved/required etc... weekend/weekday/day or night if it's a house around 45 + paint n materials for each person your safe in this area as your making a good wage plus you can make a bit extra off the other people & you will be sure you won't lose any money.
    b. find out the square meterage of the house get a floor plan usually it will have the size at the bottom of the plans right hnad or left hand corner i.e HOuse 300m2 Garage floor 60m2 I generally charge anywhere between 24-28per square metre, this also depends on what's involved how many coats they would like etc etc you will make money from this and pull a decent wage it works for me
    c. charge per room I always look at the size and I can figure out the worst case senario of how long it would take to paint. If it's a bedroom walls, ceilings, woodwork I would allow 1 day 2 people and work out what you pay them per day i.e 220 per person which would add to 440 + paint plus materials i.e tape and add 30 % which is what your profit will be that's if your not working on the job if you do you make your wage for the day plus 30% ontop which covers overheads insurance etc... example 440 + 132 = 572 + paint which you can charge at retail to make a bit extra on it too bigger rooms such as lounge living generally take just as long I find the smaller rooms are more fiddly n take just as long so work the rate out roughly being the same as the bedrooms providing that they are not hugely different in size.
    well if I can think of anything else I would be glad to help

Cherrie
    Steven Andrew Painting Contractors
    kms092968 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2012, 02:50 AM
    have a building 30x 70 with 10 ft side walls that needs to be scraped and painted 1 coat with primer/paint together. What's the average price for doing a job of this nature. Just labor costs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between job specification & Job Description? [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between job specification & job descreption? What would be the job specification & job descreption of the post of Accountant for news paper Add?

What prep work is needed to change from oilbase paint to waterbase paint? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anything I need to do to prep my kitchen from oilbase paint to water base paint ?

Quote this job. [ 9 Answers ]

I had a local electrician come in a do some work for me that entailed the following. Install two overhead lights to existing lightswitch. Crawl space above ceiling readibly accessible. This was probably the most difficult thing I asked them to do. Wired to existing wiring. Install two...

Tape Lines(?) showing after ceiling paint job [ 3 Answers ]

I have a home that is 5 months old. The builder was in both yesterday and today repairing nail pops etc and repainting the ceiling. Everything looked great until I looked up and saw an straight bubble like line running across the width of my hallway. It wasn't there before. It would appear to be...

View more questions Search