Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrfixitagain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2010, 02:12 PM
    Loud Howling Vibrating Noise in Water Pipes (Not any of the current solutions)
    Hello, recently a very loud howling moaning noise has started in the water pipes. Whenever water is used in any part of the bathroom, the main line into the house begins to vibrate and continues to do so until water pressure returns to a constant stable non-flowing state. I replaced the main ball valve that comes into the house, but no change. There has recently been some plumbing changes done. We had a new line put in from the main, including a meter pit. The water 90's straight up from under the house, then 90's over to a T where the lower T is the take off for the bathroom and hot water supply. After the last 90, and before the T, there is a ball valve, which is the one I mentioned replacing. The pipe coming in is 3/4 copper with a reducer at the last 90 to 1/2 inch before the shutoff ball valve. I've seen a lot in my life, but this is a complete mystery. Any help anyone can offer would be most beneficial. Many thanks. The noise is really really loud!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 9, 2010, 02:19 PM

Place your hand on your meter while someone else turns on a faucet. Do you feel the vibration in the meter?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Howling noise in water pipes [ 3 Answers ]

When facets are turned on there is a howling noise like a wolf making lound sounds

Shower pipes make loud vibrating/humming noise with hot water turned on [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I had my basement renovated recently (this year) and now have a problem with the shower pipes making loud noises. When I turn on the hot water in the shower and let it run for approx 20-30 seconds, a loud noise emerges (reflects a fog horn). I can feel the vibration of the pipes. ...

Loud vibrating noise when water is turned off [ 0 Answers ]

About a week ago we started hearing a very loud humming/vibrating noise after almost every time we turn off the water or after the toilet is flushed? What is this, and what do we need to do? Do we need to just call a plumber? Thanks!

Loud vibrating noise when using water [ 3 Answers ]

It was just occasional at first, now it happens every time a toilet is flushed or water is used. At our main water hook up to the house a loud vibrating noise occurs. Wht can this be?

View more questions Search