Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jermeka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2010, 10:01 AM
    My puppy will pee outside but not poop
    I have a Yorkie that will be 5 months old this month, he has been using a crate to go potty since we brought him at 9 weeks old, we are trying to train him to go outside, he will urinate outside but he won't poop, I went to the pet store and they told me that the crate I have it too big so I bought a smaller crate, now he poops and pees in the smaller one. I don't know what else to do! I thought dogs aren't suppose to use the bathroom where they laydown. My dog does, I don't know if he knows that he will be taken out afterwards because I have to clean the crate, I can't walk him 5 and 6 times a day because my husband and I have to work. Please Help! I love my Chuey and I would hate to have to give him up due to potty training.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jul 8, 2010, 06:24 PM

Consistency is key. Every time he eats or drinks, he needs to go out side. You may have to stay out there with him the entire time? Is he only messing in the crate while you are away? I guess a better question is, when is he being crated? At night or while you are away?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Poop and pee in house after I leave [ 10 Answers ]

My 5 yr. old lab was great about pooping and peeing outside. But now that I go to work she is always doing it in the house. I walk her all the time before I go out and I also run her in the yard, but she waits until I go. What do I do.

Puppy not going outside to poop or pee [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just got a new puppy and she is over 6 months old. We take her out for walks 5 plus time a day for long periods and she has peed twice in 3 days OUTSIDE. Inside she has peed twice and pooped once... help help help

Uses pee pad to pee, but never to poop [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Chihuahua that’s about 3 months and I trained him to use pee pads in the house, he was doing really good so then I bought a litter box with no lid and put his pee pad in there to try and get him to be box trained, he wouldn’t use it, and started peeing and pooping on the floor, so I took...

How do I get my puppy to poop and pee when I walk him? [ 1 Answers ]

My cocker spaniel puppy, Phoenix, is about 5 months old and is housebroken in the sense that he uses the yard but he just does not seem to understand that he should eliminate when he is walked. He'll hold on and on and go as soon as he gets back from walking like any human might! He seems to be...

Dog will not pee or poop outside [ 1 Answers ]

I just adopted a 2 year old greyhound terrier mix from the kennel four weeks ago. The kennel said that he was an inside dog. The problem is getting him to go to potty outside. He seems to be shy about peeing and pooping. I have taking him for a two hour walk through the park and around the block...

View more questions Search