Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Piramida Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2008, 08:28 AM
    Do I have a felony record?
    Recently I did something I was very ashamed of. Very very ashamed. I was just stressed out and went to a store and stole like 2shirts. They cought me of course and I had to go to a room and wait for the police to come pick me up. I was 21 at that time. And now I'm 22. I was in the room for about one hour and waiting and waiting with all that fear. The store took a picture of me and of the items I stole and they took my id and took my info.(my age address etc) finally the police
    Didn't come so they let me go. My question is if I have a felony record? If I go to look for a job will they be able to find out about my felony?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 26, 2008, 08:34 AM

No, First most likely they never really called the police ( or they would have came) they were scaring you most likely.

If you were not given a ticket of some sort by the police, if you were not served some warrant by the police, or if you never appeared before the judge you were never even arrested. And since you were not arrested, and never went to court you also were never convicted.

Next it would not be a felony anyway if you were convicted in court it would be a misdemeanor.
    twinkletoes7 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Aug 23, 2009, 12:12 AM
    Sweetie, you would know if you have a felony on your record or not. Trust and know this. You would have been, picked up by the police, handcuffed, read your rights, fingerprinted and processed, all your personal items removed, your mugshot taked and thrown into a small uncomfortable space no bigger than a closet. It would have been either occupied by other people or you would have been alone, with no way to contact anyone from the outside world; other than by collect calls. After being in this cell, you will have been hearded out like cattle to see a judge along with all the other people that apprehended and arrested that previous day(you would have spent the night there) and waited until the judge was good and ready to see you and make you feel like a total loser for succumbing being a human being. Charged you (if you were guilty), gave you a bond and then sent back to that uncomfortable cell while waiting for a kind soul to bond you out. Depending if they had the funds available and one was set.

So... if none that happened to you, please don't do what ever it was that you did. More than anything; don't do anything that will allow you to experience what I wrote above. It ain't cute!!

It's safe to say, that you don't have a felony, the store was using a scare tactic.. You were blessed that day!!
    janiceessary Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2010, 08:28 PM
    I need to find out if I have a felony on my record
    janiceessary Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2010, 08:29 PM
    How do I finf out if I have a felony on my record
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2010, 01:36 PM

You would know if you had a felony. Did you spend a long time in a court room or jail? If the answer to those questions is no, you don't have a felony on your record.
    VeronicaD Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2010, 04:58 PM
    How can I find out if my boyfriend has a felony?
    candle9025 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 09:50 PM
    You don't have to go to jail to have a felony... I hit a parked car... the cost to fix it was $2000. So to the law that was a felony... I did go to court... but no jail time.
    vulpoiu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2011, 04:43 AM
    :))) you hit the police car=)))) mahahha god job :D How can I found out if I will be arested or not, I am currently overseas:D so I want to know if I will be arested when I come back, can I check that somewhere and be 100% sigure??
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2011, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vulpoiu View Post
    so I want to know if I will be arested when I come back, can I check that somewhere and be 100% sigure????
    Hello v:

The only way for SURE to find out is to hire a lawyer. They don't post warrants anywhere.. I guess they figure somebody would see their name, and split..

excon

Feb 28, 2011, 08:08 AM
    Who said they hit a cop car? Not me..
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2011, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by candle9025 View Post
    Who said they hit a cop car? not me..
    Hello again, c:

I'm not the one who said it. I don't know who you hit. On another thread, I only questioned you about getting charged with a felony because you HIT a parked car.. I mentioned to you that driving infractions are NEVER felony's, and I asked you to elaborate. You didn't, yet STILL insist that you were convicted of a felony.

I say BS!

excon

Feb 28, 2011, 08:30 AM
    Sorry I didn't see you asked that... it was not a driving infraction.. It was destruction of property over $2000, so yes that is a felony.

Feb 28, 2011, 08:34 AM
    Property damage crimes are a serious and a growing societal problem. They present a multitude of negative consequences such as higher insurance rates and lost business productivity. As such MDOP crimes carry a variety of tough statuary penalties. These include prison sentences, fines, restitution or a combination of all three.

Misdemeanor offense of less than $200: A conviction can result in a prison term up to 93 days and/or a fine up to $200.
    Misdemeanor offense between $200 and $1000: A conviction can result in a prison term up to one year and/or a fine up to $1000.
    Felony offense between $1000 and $20,000: A conviction can result in a prison term up to five years and/or a fine up to $10,000.
    Felony Offense more than $20,000: A conviction can result in a prison term up to ten years and/or a fine up to $15,000.

Uber Member

Feb 28, 2011, 08:34 AM

Hello again, c:

Thanks for that clarification.. Yes, hitting a parked car, is MUCH different that purposefully destroying somebody's property.

excon

Feb 28, 2011, 09:09 AM
    No... thats what I did.. I did hit a car... a parked car.. I didn't say it was an accident.. You read that into it..
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2011, 09:15 AM

Hello c:

Yeah, and I just made a withdrawal from a bank...

Look, I don't know you. I don't understand why you would come onto a website, where you are ANONYMOUS, tell people that you committed a felony, and then minimize what you did.

Do you know what the "M" stands for in the MDOP you so graciously provided?? It mean MALICIOUS. That's WAYYY different, than simply hitting a parked car... I read into your answer EXACTLY what you wanted me to read into it.

excon

Feb 28, 2011, 09:32 AM
    Comment on excon's post
    On my paper work it does not say MDOP it says DOP... and it was not that big of a deal... thats why I minimize it... they were not doing to do a thing about it.. but the girl wanted money and pushed it.. she is on walfare with 6 kids.. her brother inlaw owned a shop and said it was totaled when in fact it was not.. I didn't have any paint on my van.. and the mark on her car was only on the back 1/4 about the size of your foot.. the cops.. who I know.. said they won't do anything over that... well 2 years later I got paper work for it... Its OK.. I paid her the money.. she never fixed it.. and she lost her home and kids over drugs... I never did anything like this before... and won't again.. so... I guess I had to do one thing in my life to say... boy that was dumb...
    And by the way... Im not anonymous... my name on here is my same name on Facebook and AOL.. and I have a pic too.. I will stand up and say I did something wrong... dont most people?
    Wendy Saenz
    Belding Mi 48809
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2011, 09:47 AM

Now that a lot of time and energy have been wasted on a 2008 question and updates...

DOP IS a big deal if it's your property.
    siobain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 02:50 PM
    Do I have a felony on my record?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get my felony off my record [ 3 Answers ]

I am a convicted felon, it is a state jail felony for credit card abuse... can I get it off my record

Felony record [ 6 Answers ]

I have a husband who has a felony record and he is pretty much dead in the water for 20 years he has already been out 10 but he can not be bonded,get a passport,he just got the right to vote back but every time he applies they shoot him down.I hope you are not treated as the same way excon I wish...

Felony record [ 11 Answers ]

How can I remove my felonies off my record

How to get a job with a felony on my record [ 6 Answers ]

:eek: How do I get a decent career job (s) with a felony on my record and what jobs can I get? I need help very badly and as soon as possible.:eek:

Felony record [ 3 Answers ]

I am wondering if I can get into Mexico with a felony on my record?

View more questions Search