Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evapay0057 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 03:55 PM
    Howling noise in water pipes
    When facets are turned on there is a howling noise like a wolf making lound sounds
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 28, 2010, 04:21 PM

Just at one faucet or all faucets. Both hot and cold or just one?
    radwick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 07:33 AM
    Both
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 5, 2010, 04:11 PM

Let's start by removing the aerator. Does that change the sound?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Humming noise in water pipes when water is running [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever we flush the toilet, take a shower, or run the washing machine we hear a humming sound coming from the pipes while the water is running. Once the water is turned off the humming stops. This just started a week or so ago when I did a load of laundry on the hot setting. We have tried turning...

Banging noise in hot water pipes - water running or not [ 2 Answers ]

What could cause banging noise in hot water pipe lines whether the water is running or not? The noise happens when the hot water is turned ON wherever in a two level house. The banging noise also happens when NO faucet is running. We have installed an expansion tank above the gas water...

Constant running water noise, old water softener pipes? [ 3 Answers ]

When we bought our house, it came with a decommissioned water softener in the laundry room. The pipes behind it (I'm assuming in and out) were capped off with plastic plugs that toggle back and forth. If you're familiar with Dr. Dolittle, I'd call it a pushmi-pullyu setup. (sorry, I'm an admin, not...

Howling pipes [ 4 Answers ]

I have a howling sound that comes from the washing machine when it is running or when two faucets are running or a faucet and a toilet. Any suggestions on how to tackle this?

Noise in pipes and refrigerator noise with water chugging out of drink mechanism [ 4 Answers ]

Originally, we heard a noise from the refrigerator once in a while, changed the filter which lessened the noise. Now we hear a chugging in the pipes in our bedroom ceiling, kitchen ceiling and in both bath rooms. It occurs occasionally. One night we shut off the hot water heater and it was...

View more questions Search