Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joanben Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jun 27, 2010, 03:08 AM
    grading of us silver certificates
    Trying to determine value of $1 US silver certificate FR 229 (Vernon/McClung),which I would grade U to AU. "series of 1899" is horizontal.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2010, 10:21 PM

vvvvczbgbgbngngxzgdzvz
    Sfbxbxbxbzbzhmdxffgsjyjyjdx
    Rfedfbxbx
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2010, 10:51 PM

Joanben- Sorry about the post above ; found out I was having some coumputer troubles,IM going to try it agsain::Before I can give you a correct answer to your questioon ,I need a couple answers fort mer ;'; #1 - ON the face side ,I need to know
    JUST where the dates are located on the note.{ IS the date LOCATED BELOW THE SERIAL NUMBER TO THE RIGHT OF THE SEAL }{OR IS IT BELOW THE SERIAL NUMBER?? } I need to know because there is a huge difference between the two in the values of the two?? Also I need to know for sure about the grade and condition of the note ;; JOAN I'm going to give you a site to go to and it will explane how yopu ncan figure this;'; ;; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/collect...ns303795html ;; waiting your reply ,thanks in advance ;'; have a great night and a better tomorrowe ;; and GOD BLESS;; F.B.E.

Jun 28, 2010, 07:32 AM

Thank you so much for your reply and interest. There is one questionable barely visible fold . (I don't know how else to describe it!). Otherwise pristine and perfectly centered. The date is below the seriel number.
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2010, 08:37 PM

JOANben-Thank you fort your quick reply::>NOW down to the basics;Here is what the value is on the note you have ,AS far as I can make out on what you gave me, what ios considered as a note s condition and grade I'm thinking that the way you put it ,that it could go either way, it could go as [AU-,55,to 58>NOTE AU -means about [uncirculated] {NOTE } I WANT YOU TO REMEMBER ONE THING : IE YOU EVER GO TO SELL IT {DO NOT GO TO A COIN AND CURRENCY SHOP,BECAUSE THEY WILL ONLY OFFER YOU MAYBE 70 to 80%OF It's TRUE WORTH ,A PAWN SHOP IS THE SAME WAY, the best way to go , is go to [BOOKS A MILLION] ,WALMART< OR GO TO YOUR LOCAL {LIBRARY} TELL THEM YOU WANT TO CHECK OUT A BOOK ON US CURRENCY,THAT HAS FROM 1800 to now; IT WEILL HAVE A SECTION THAT GIVES YOU NAMES AND ADDRESS AND PHONE AND E-MAIL
    WHERE YOU CAN GET IN TOUCH WITH COLLECTORS } {ANOTHER PLACE IS --GO TO (AMAZON . COM AND GO TO COLLECTORS BOOKS SECTION AND THEN TO THE DISCOUNTED BOOKS } ANOTHER THING IS IF YOU SENT TO { PMG) Paper money GURANTY) FOR GRADEING AND CONDITION OF THE NOTER AND THEY WILL {ENCAPSULATION OF THE NOTE YOU SHOULD INSURE IT FOR AT LEAST A $1000.00) HERE IS HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM VISIT -WWW.PMGnotes.com{ OR CONTACT GLEN JORDE( GRADEING FINALIZER AT 877-pmg-5570 ] TO COLLECTORS WILL PAY MORE FOR A note OR COIN AFTER BEING GRADEED LIKE THIS:: NOW FOR THE REST OF THE STORY< HERE ARE THE VALUES IN THE BOOK _FOR THE NOTE YOU HAVE :::
    VG-8 = $80.00 :: F-12 =$100.00;; VF-20 = $125.00;; EF-40= $180.00;; UNC_63= $450.00REMEMBER THOU THAT IT WILL ALSO DEPEND ON HOW BAD THE COLLECTOR NEEDS THE NOTE YOU HAVE, a lot of the time they will pay beven higher ;; will I guess I have wrote you a book , sorry -but I was trying to give some of the ropes on this "" NOW that I'm at the end { I was wishing so much that the one you have was the second one down in the book , vg-8 is $1,250.00 and ends up at UNC-
    63=$9,000.00; You can see why I needed my abnswers;; JOAN - Have a great night and a better tomorrow ;;AND GOD BLESS:: F.B.E. GOOD LUCK

Jun 29, 2010, 05:31 AM

Thank you ever so much for your quick and detailed reply. I really appreciate it, and I will certainly follow your suggestions as to how to proceed and valuable advise on what NOT to do. I have thought about taking it to a convention-like market when one appears in my area to get a variety of opinions. Have a lovely, happy day!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Silver certificates [ 2 Answers ]

I have several $1 and $5 silver certificates dated 1923 and 1935. How can I determine the value of them?

Silver certificates [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 1935 g silver certificate that has star note . The names on it are Smith and Dillon, it has a blue seal, it does not say in God we trust on it. How much is it worth?

Silver certificates [ 2 Answers ]

How much are 5$ silver certificates years 1934-e and 1935-e worth also 1935 and 1934 1 dollar certificates worth

Silver certificates [ 1 Answers ]

I have two one dollar silver certificates. A 1935D in excellent condition, no stains tears and no folds. A 1935 E in excellent condition, no stains, tears and 1 fold. Could someone tell me if they are worth anything and if so how much. Email me with the answer if possible as I rarely get on a...

Silver certificates [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1957 uncurculated silver certificate dollar bill. How much is it worth? The serial # is T 88191976A

View more questions Search