Ask
    mariellah1 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2009, 06:42 PM
    How to find someone on probation
    How to find out if someone is on probation/parole
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2009, 07:56 PM

For probation you would have to know which county he was convicted in and then call up the Criminal Court Clerk's Office, give them his name and birth date (if you know it) and they will give you any criminal cases he's been involved in. Copy down each case number as the Clerk gives them to you. At the same time ask the Clerk for the Final Disposition of the Case. This will give you the sentencing for that particular case. In that sentencing you will learn how many months in jail he got and how many months/years probation he got.

For cases involving prison time, you would have to get the Final Disposition of the Case as well. It will indicate which prison they were sent to. You can find out if he is on parole by calling the parole office if he was indeed sentenced to prison (not county jail).

If that county is online you can research each case under the Docket entries. The last few entries will contain a thumbnail of the Final Dispositition of the case spelling out how many years/months in jail/prison he got. Probation is easy to determine, parole is a little harder.

This is all public information.
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jun 24, 2009, 09:51 PM

I was a probation officer for seven years in Maryland and had plenty of people call with the same question. A person is on probation supervision which is conducted by the probation office nearest their residence. This is because, as a general rule, they have to do home and employment verifications and conduct office visits. While many aspects of probation are considered private (such as how they are doing on probation), the fact that a person is on probation is public information. Its on the Internet in my state.

Call up the nearest probation office, they should be able to tell you. If the person is on probation and is causing you some sort of problem, let them know.
    mariellah1 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2009, 07:58 AM
    GOT HIM, called the Criminal clerks office not on probation yet but there is case's pending. Thanks
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2009, 02:14 PM

Then keep checking and see how much jail/probation time he gets and when it starts.
    rjearnest Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2010, 11:46 AM
    My ex is on probation in Bexar County Texas and he owes me over 13,000.00 in child support, how would I be able to contact the probation department to let them know he is violating a court order?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2010, 12:52 PM

Have a Court rule that he is in violation of the support order, take it to the County Collection Unit - they'll find him.
    stillstanding Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 06:47 AM
    How do I find out who someone's Probation Officer is?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 9, 2012, 08:20 AM
    In my area you can't - the best you can do is call the Clerk of the Court that handled the sentencing, leave a message, explain why you need to speak to the PO.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to write a motion to change supervised probation to unsupervised probation [ 6 Answers ]

How do I wirte a motion to get supervised probation changed to unsupervised probation

Probation revocation process began after offender release date from probation [ 10 Answers ]

My fiancé was sentenced to 5 years probation in 2003. The day before his probation was over Sep. 2nd his P.O. placed him on a probation hold saying that he was in a bar the prior weekend. His 5 year release date from probation was Sep. 3 2008. On Sep 3 his P.O. brought him police reports...

Can my PO find out about pending charges received after probation initiated [ 2 Answers ]

Im 19 and have just recently been put on probation for aggressive driving for 12mo and a couple days after my probation started I went to a party and cops showed up and I received underage possession of malt beverage. I did not have anything in my hands or anything the officer did not issue me a...

Where to find info on if Wisconsin accepts transfers of probation frfom another state [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I find out or where I can find out/call to see if Wisconsin accepts transfers of probation? Ive tried looing online and have gotten nowhere. My Judge said and wrote I could transfer my probation at anytime as long as the state I want to transfer to accepts them.

They can't find probation record [ 2 Answers ]

Been off probation for 23 years and califorina probation can't find any records and my old case number was given to a felon in 1992... they act like they don't know what to do at the probation department... so if there is no record what the hell do I do... I need something I'm trying to clear my...

View more questions Search