Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stormysowner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2010, 04:22 AM
    DFS took child away from custodial parent, why am I still paying child support?
    My Ex-wife got arrested along with her boyfriend and my daughter for drugs. DFS removed my 15 yo daughter and placed her in my care, she can't see her mother without supervision. The Ex has a felony charge of child endangerment against her, why am I still paying child support?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 12, 2010, 04:34 AM

Did you go to court yet and change the support order? Custody and support are separate. Who is the money going to?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 12, 2010, 09:11 AM

Because you have not went to court and got the child support ordered modified ( so that she pays)
    The original order is valid till you change it or get it dismissed
    stormysowner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2010, 10:42 PM
    I sent an abatement letter stating all this, like I did the last time they came to live with me when their mothers boyfriend (different then the one she got arrested with) broke my sons jaw and scared both of my girls so bad they were scared to live with their mother. I got the child support suspended, but this time they said they couldn't do anything. The support is still going to her.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 05:57 AM

Then you need to go to court and have it reafirmed that you have custody and have the child support changed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child not living with custodial parent but still collecting child support [ 1 Answers ]

Child is suppose to live mother but for over 12 months child has been living with grandpaernts but mother is collecting child support still. Is that against the law

Can a non custodial parent ask for a decrease in child support [ 3 Answers ]

Can a non custodial parent ask for a decrease in child support?

Getting child support form non custodial parent [ 7 Answers ]

I have had an open case in Claifornia for a few years now. I was awarded $284 a month and have not reaceived a penny. The non custodial parent has a job but no proof and then tells the system he has no job at all. The outcome of not paying support is so far... suspension of license, bad credit, and...

Child support issue-Child no longer with custodial parent [ 22 Answers ]

My child is 18 yrs old and is no longer living with her mother.I am paying child support in New Hampshire and have recently learned through a subpoena that my daughter is living in New York state. Can child support charge me in 2 states on the same child? What steps can I take to have the child...

View more questions Search