Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frozenfeet Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2006, 06:36 AM
    Sore breasts/pregnancy?
    I have been having extremely sore breasts and swollen nipples for about a week now. I usually get tender breasts about 5 days before my period but never this early or this severe. Also, my friend told me to pull gentley on the nipple and look for fluid, when I did, a little bit of clear fluid came out! This has never happened before, but I've never really looked for it or pulled on them before. My last period was Nov 1 and my next one is due Nov 28th. My cycle is normal, I'm not on birth control and my husband and I have been trying for a baby this month. I took a highly sensative pregnancy test today but it was negative. It is too early? The test says that it can detect 20 units of the hormone excreted when pregnant. The way I've been feeling for the last week is usually how I feel 5 days before my period. Why am I having these feelings so early before my period? Could I be pregnant and have physical symptoms before a positive pregnancy test? Any help would be great!
    DrWood Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Nov 22, 2006, 05:51 PM
    Frozenfeet,

It is certainly possible that your are pregnant. Breast tenderness is a well recognized symptom of pregnancy as well as nausea and vomiting and urinary frequency, as well as the signs as venous distention in the breasts, gradual darkening of the nipples and areolae, bluish discolouration of the vagina and cervix and increase milky discharge.

Ovulation occurs 14 days before your next period, in a 28 day cycle that is also 14 days after your last period. According to your dates that means you ovulated on the 14th meaning if you are pregnant it is about 7 days post conception. Most retail pregnancy tests are sensitive to five days after conception so the test should be valid.

It is possible that the test gave you a false negative, so try again if you are unsure. It is also possible that you are not pregnant and your symptoms are explained by something else.

Nipple discharge 7 days after conception is not a symptom of pregnancy. You say that this has never happened before but then again have you ever pulled on your nipple to try and make it happen before? If you are concerned about your breast symptoms you must see your Dr.

Dr Wood.
    frozenfeet Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Nov 23, 2006, 07:41 AM
    Thanks for the info Dr. Wood. I'm not too concerned about the discharge, I'm just going to be patient and take another test on Sunday or Monday. My period isn't due until the 28th. I do have tests from earlypregnancytest.com and I have taken one today which came back negative. I've read about mixed feelings and gotten mixed review of this test strips so I might go and get a test at the local pharmacy. The sympotms that I have been feeling have stayed the same over the last week, I'll be anxious to find out what is going on.
    brookie18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2010, 06:27 PM
    It's not really an answer but more like a question... I have like all the symptoms and everything sore nipples morning sickness without throwing up... my period came early... and I am very very very regular... I have never been early before in my life... I had light bleeding for 3 1/2 days... it happened a week before my actual period was due... my last period was April 12 and my cycle is 28 days... I've had constipation and gas... ive been really tired and hungry lately... I will be super hungry one minute and not want to eat the next... im having lower back pains as well... my nipples are darker but not the areloas... my pants are etting sightly tighter as well... I've taken three pregnany tests but hey have all came out negative... I have calculated and I am 5 weeks if I am pregnant... if that too soon to take a test?? I ned tokno if I am because I want to join th air force soon

Thank you :)
    loveneverfails00 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 10:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brookie18 View Post
    it's not really an answer but more like a question...i have like all the symptoms and everything sore nipples morning sickness without throwing up...my period came early...and i am very very very regular...i have never been early before in my life...i had light bleeding for 3 1/2 days....it happened a week before my actual period was due....my last period was april 12 and my cycle is 28 days....i've had constipation and gas...ive been rly tired and hungry lately....i wil b super hungry one minute and not want to eat the next.....im having lower back pains as well....my nipples are darker but not the areloas...my pants are etting sightly tighter as well....i've taken three pregnany tests but hey have all came out negative....i have calculated and i am 5 weeks if i am pregnant....if that too soon to take a test??? i ned tokno if i am because i wanna join th air force soon

thank you :)
    Go to your doctor & take a blood test.
    poppyandsammie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2010, 02:08 PM
    I came on my period last month on the 27th I was only on for about 3 days I have been having unprotected sex for 3 weeks now and I did a pregnancy test 11 days before my period was due but it was negative could I be pregnant
    poppyandsammie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2010, 02:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by poppyandsammie View Post
    i came on my period last month on the 27th i was only on for about 3 days i have been having unprotected sex for 3 weeks now and i did a pregnancy test 11 days before my period was due but it was negative could i be pregnant
    please answer my question
    mrsgemini Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2010, 05:11 PM
    My breast hurt me real bad and I have nipple discharge and I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative and I am on birth contro so my hormones are very low... could I be pregnant?
    fancypants21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2011, 07:15 PM
    Hey I'm having the same problem. Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex the beginning of Aug . && I gotten my period on the 14th the first day of my period was heavy but the other days it was light. A couple of days ago my nipples started to hurt/sore && my best friend told me to take a pregnancy test so I did and it came back negative so I would like to know should I be concern about this issue or not.
    cfrbuofs Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Jan 29, 2012, 06:19 PM
    Hi
    Momomosaa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2012, 12:08 PM
    Hi.
    8 days before my period. My breasts are sore with discharge. Also I'm farting a lot. This has never happened to me before. Please help me
    Am I pregnant?
    Momomosaa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2012, 12:09 PM
    Hi.
    8 days before my period. My breasts are sore with discharge. Also I'm farting a lot. This has never happened to me before. Please help me
    Am I pregnant?
    scaredme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2012, 04:57 AM
    My last Menstruation was July 29 I'm not regular so I'm not that worried but I had an unprotected sex at Aug.12-13 and then at 16 I take a trust pill but stop on Aug 27 I didn't finish the whole pack my period is still not arrived its already Sept 7.I already take the test twice and it says positive but I didn't feel pregnant except from the cramps and eating.Am I pregnant?If so how far.
    Merrida Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2012, 02:12 PM
    If it says positive, you're pregnant. Go to your doctor to find out how far along.
    TOINETTE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2012, 12:12 AM
    Hi there my period enend on the 1st of October and I am must aleast start the 30/10/2012. My breat stared to get sore last sattherday so can think it can be my period can it?
    azalia 209 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2012, 09:36 AM
    Were you pregnant after All?
    lekinha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2013, 02:22 PM
    HI
    My breast are hot and they hurt and I my peroid came on sat jan 5 n was done by jan 9 did a test it was negative never happened to me before... what could be??
    wondering2013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2013, 12:04 AM
    Hi I have been having unprotected sex with my husband since I got off Implanon in Jan 2013. We are usually carefully however lately we have been a little careless.
    I had a period on Oct 11 to Oct 14th. I ovulated on the 23rd, but now my breast are severely sore all around. I do have colostrum coming out when I squeeze the nipple but, I have always had that from when I breast fed. Today is Oct 28th... Could I be pregnant or could it be something else? It is probably to early to have symptoms or is it?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 28, 2013, 12:44 PM
    You have to wait until you get your period, if you haven't gotten in within two weeks of the day you expected it, then take a pregnancy test.

A lot of the symptoms of pregnancy come a little later in pregnancy and not at the beginning. It will not be, "I concieved, OMG my boobs are sore!!" It will take a few months for that to happen. It is a waiting game for now because the only reliable symptom is a missed period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why are my breasts not sore? [ 7 Answers ]

I am 8 weeks pregnant and everyone keeps telling me my breasts should be sore or grown bigger there has been no change in them can anyone help explain why?

Sore hip [ 8 Answers ]

Any folk remedies, home cures for a sore hip? It is almost certainly arthritic. I walk a lot and do Tai Chi, but it has definitely gotten sorer over last few weeks. Any ideas/diet suggestions on how to minimize discomfort/stop deterioration/heal? Thanks.

Sore nipples [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone - I've been having this problem for the past few years. The thing is that every time I wear a cotton shirt or just every shirt I start to get soar nipples. This morning I put on a shirt after my shower. It was approx. 6 hours ago. Now my nipples hurt like hell every time...

Sore breasts [ 5 Answers ]

:( Hi I'm 18 and my breasts have been really sore and tender for over a week now. I thought I might be pregnant but I have had three negative tests, but if I am pregnant I would only be 6 weeks so it might be too early to tell (my doctor said on the phone) My period isn't due - if it comes - for...

No Sore Breasts [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This may sound like a silly question, but has anyone ever been pregnant and didn't have sore or swollen breasts? How soon does this normally happen?

View more questions Search