Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yoyoamoor Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 01:51 PM
    I want some examples of slow and fast reaction?
    Give me some examples of slow and fast reaction?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 01:53 PM
    Is this homework?

The question is too brief and not at all clear as to what you want to know.

Jun 16, 2010, 09:16 AM
    Yea this is homework
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2010, 09:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoamoor View Post
    yea this is homework
    What subject? Psychology? Physics? Home ec? Chemistry?

I tell my son to make his bed. His reaction is slow. The next day I tell my son to make his bed and, when he is finished, he will get three chocolate chip cookies. His reaction is fast.

Jun 16, 2010, 09:21 AM

Chemistry
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2010, 10:10 AM

Well, think about your everyday life...

A bomb explosing is a typical example of a fast reaction.
    Rusting is a typical slow reaction.

Rusting doesn't occur in the blink of an eye, but explosives? I think they occur faster than you can blink :D

Other examples of fast reactions:
    In car engines, where the fuel is ignited and it burns rapidly producing much heat.
    In fluorescent light bulbs, the gas in the bulb is ionised (becomes charged) and emits light.
    The thermit reaction, which is used to remove rust from train rails. Aluminium powder is just placed on the rusty rail, and it heats up quickly forming aluminium oxide and converting the rust into iron.
    Sodium + water. The piece of sodium reacts vigorously with the water, dazzling onto the surface and sometimes burns with a yellow flame.

Other examples of slow reactions:
    The rotting of food. Your food does not rot in a matter of seconds, does it? ;) It's a chemical reaction, yes!
    In cooking. The food does not cook that quickly... so people has been devising ways to speed up cooking, such as pressure cooker, ovens, etc.
    'Respiration in your body'. (You may need to refer to respiration in biology to understand the process better). Imagine if you just used all the energy in your food in a matter of seconds... you'd need to constantly eat to be always able to have available energy!

There are so many more, you only need to think about it for a little while :)

Jun 16, 2010, 10:13 AM

Thank u
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2010, 10:16 AM

Just avoid to use texting language, that often is difficult to guess the real meaning behind... and makes an impression that you are lazy ;)

You're welcome!

Next time, be more precise in your question. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We went to fast, now she wants to slow things down. [ 8 Answers ]

Ok... My girlfriend and I met last summer. We got together and saw each other virtually everyday for 4 months. After which we moved in together... (I know, bad... ) What makes things worse, is that I'm 33 and she is 24. What makes things even more worse is that I have a 2 year old kid, but he...

Examples on reversible reaction? [ 1 Answers ]

Examples on reversible reaction?

Slow and fast reaction [ 2 Answers ]

The decomposition of hydrogen peroxide is catalyzed by iodide ion. The catalyzed reaction is thought to proceed by a two-step mechanism: 1. H2O2(aq) + I-(aq) → H2O(l) + IO-(aq) (slow) 2. IO-(aq) + H2O2(aq) → H2O(l) + O2(g) + I-(aq) (fast) a. Assuming that the first...

Weight training - fast or slow? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys I'm new here and I've been weight training now for 3 and a half months, I'm starting to see results which is giving me the motivation that I need to continue but I have one question. The person I weight train with tells me to go slow when lifting weights but when I slow down it seems to...

Forced Air Furnace flame good, fan goes slow then fast then slow, etc [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a forced air propane furnace in a "Park Model" rv trailer. (This is a bit smaller than a mobile home) The furnace is used infrequently as the trailer is located in a sumer resort vacation area, however we do like to go up a couple of times in the winter months. Furnace was...

View more questions Search