Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rehna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2010, 04:44 AM
    How to fix printers hp1610
    I have renewed the catridges in my hp1610 but all I get message carriahige jam or a flahing red exclamation light then no cartridge I have tried everything I can think of I am running winpaladow 7 this unit was running well on windows 98
    Hope you can help If I try to download new software from hp it times out before it is half time thank
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2010, 05:35 AM
    This is probably not what you want to hear but it may be easier to buy a new printer.
    Any printer that worked with Windoze 98 is considered to be VERY OLD and may not
    Have drivers that are compatible with XP -- VISTA -- WIN7 and are not supported
    I like to think of printer cartridges as being like a sharpie marker -- when they were new
    They worked great but when they are not used for a while they tend to dry out -- printer
    Manufacturers change to new type cartridges -- end-of-life may be a good description
    For old cartridges... Even if you could by some leap of fate find drivers and get it running
    (old Printer) finding cartridges could be like trying to buy a film cartridge for a Poloroid ? Lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Printers [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Epson Stylus Photo R280 printer, and recently installed new ink cartridges, when I went to print something off it printed every color, red orange yellow and very hard to see what is was I had printed off. Also this printer worked great until I replaced the cartridges.

HP Printers [ 1 Answers ]

How do you prevent the maintenance kit alarms on hp printers from coming on? Can it be done.

All in one printers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am researching printers that use generic ink. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You, Rob9

Can I fix hazardous steps if a contractor is refusing to fix, and threatens to sue? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in central Texas. I hired a landscape contractor to install retaining walls and a patio which included 4 steps in stone. These steps range in size from 6.5" to 9.5" and the tallest is on the top! They are very dangerous. He refuses to do any fixes, and walked off project. At one point in the...

Printers [ 1 Answers ]

:(Hello Everyone) Anyone I am having a real rough time trying to figure this one out, Loaded a firmware on my printer, and now it's sending characters we do not understand, we talked to a tech, and he explained to us that the firmware that was loaded had brain washed the printer into believe that...

View more questions Search