Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greg_p Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 10:07 PM
    Basement Bathroom Rough In - Any Feedback on the Drain/Vent Setup?
    Hello,

Attempting to rough in my basement bathroom. There is an existing ejector pump and some plumbing but I am going to move things around a bit and make the new bathroom bigger (the old bathroom was ripped out due to flooding).

My question is around the overall plan for the rough in of the plumbing (Just the drain/vent setup). I haven't broken through the concrete yet as I want to have a pretty good idea of where things are going to go before I start.

See attached diagram that I put together. Does this look correct thus far... it's more of a floor plan layout but from my perspective it helps to see where the drain and vent pipes will go. I am concerned about distance for the vent pipes and if they are in the right spot. Sink and shower will have P-Traps. I assume the toilet would not need a vent (could be wrong). The rough measurements are included for the room.

Any help is appreciated...

THX!
    Attached Images

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 29, 2006, 03:16 PM
    Several things stand out in your drawing. From the trap of the shower drain to the vent can be no longer then 5 feet and the 90 in the drain line can give you problems on down the line. I would use two 45's or a sweep for the cornor. Also, although you have marked the pit vent as "dedicated" you have it tied back to the house vent system. Dedicated means just that. You MUST have a separate vent for the pit and another for the fixtures. Outside of those your drawing looks fine. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement Bathroom Rough-in [ 9 Answers ]

My house (approx 15 yrs old) has a basement bathroom rough-in. It has 3 pipes protruding, one is 4" in diameter, one is 1 3/4" (inside dia.) & the other is 2" in diameter. Assuming, one (4") is for the toilet, one (1 3/4") is for the shower vent and the other (2") is for the shower drain. The...

Basement bathroom rough-in [ 5 Answers ]

Our house is 3years old and in the basement there are three rough-ins, one is definitely the toilet and one is in the area of the tub(pvc sticking up about a foot and gravel around it)and the third is left side of the toilet... do all three of these need to be vented, or can I join the two 2"...

New Basement Bathroom - Drain and Vent [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We would like to install a new bathroom (well, half bath = sink + toilet) in our basement. Currently, there is a toilet down there, sitting on a cast iron wye off the main sewer line for the house. We want to move the toilet by approx. 8 feet. The final position would be directly above...

Basement Bathroom Rough-In? [ 1 Answers ]

I am planning on finishing my basement. I am new to this type of work, but have always enjoyed doing it myself. I will be installing a bathroom in the area that has been roughed in for it. Unfortunately, I am not sure which pipes are which. I have redone a bathroom in an upper floor in...

Basement Bathroom Rough-In [ 7 Answers ]

Good afternoon. I am overhauling my basement and I have removed a 10' x 10' section of slab in order to rough in the drainage for a new bathroom. see layout: http://www.korteco.com/ben/floorplan.jpg My first question is what size pipe (using PVC) should I use for my shower drain. I am...

View more questions Search