Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Soso1001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2006, 09:31 AM
    Black Ring Around Nose & Dark Eye Circles
    Hi

My name is Sophia and I have dark circles around my eyes. I also have a dark ring going across my nose. I was wondering if you have any idea of how I can work on diminishing them?? I have had both of these problems since I was a little girl and now I'm 22 years old. If you can or can't help me please e-mail me when you can. Thank you for reading my e-mail.

Have A Nice Day,
    Sophia
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Sep 28, 2006, 02:52 PM
    Hello, Sophia. Most dark circles are caused by the veins beneath the thin skin under the eye. The skin around the eyelid is normally extremely thin, and as we age, it becomes even thinner. It can also be caused by other factors, such as heredity, lack of sleep, pollution, and topical irritants can play a significant role in creating dark circles and puffiness. The other cause of dark circles is hereditary pigmentation, often in people of color. Laser surgery appears to lessen the appearance of circles. There are some other things you can also do to improve the appearance of dark circles. In short term, you can by apply slices of cold cucumber or potatoes to the area for 15 minutes. For longer lasting results, use an under eye cream daily, it can improve the appearance of dark circles. Creams that contains Vitamin K and Vitamin C may help reduce dark circles. If you have chronic and severe under-eye circles and pigmentation, please consult a dermatologist.
    fadelhan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2010, 10:45 PM
    Hello, I am a 24 years old male, I am experiencing the same problem as Sophia. I don't have puffiness or allergy dark circles. I have a dark black skin around the eye around the nose area. I've only had them for a couple of years and I am tired of the way I always look tired and beat.
    falon13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2010, 12:15 PM
    Hi I'm fALON I have dark marks around my neck an nose a use make up to cover it an I hate it people always look at me funny and stuff... I went to a docter an the only way the dark marks can go away if I loose weigh bt its very hard for me
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Jun 6, 2010, 05:56 PM

Consult a dermatologist about you nose!
    popolklkp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2010, 09:29 AM

I have genetic dark circles and have tried everything to mask them. My dermatologist recommended the Made from Earth "Vitamin Enhanced Face Firming Serum" for under the eyes, and the Olive Night Crème for all over the face at night.

It feels good going on - I use it twice a day. I didn't realize what an impact it made until I ran out of it and noticed considerable puffiness around my eyes and darker circles after only a week of not having it. It has definitely made a difference for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark under eye circles [ 9 Answers ]

Im only 15 and I already have these anoying bags under my eyes that won't go away!! I think there genetic because both my brother and sister have them to. THere both darker than me, so you don't notice their bags hardly at all. I need some advice on how to make them go away. I get lots of sleep,...

Dark circles and puffinesses under the eyes [ 7 Answers ]

I am 16 and as I grow older I have realised that my under eyes are getting worse everyday. Now I can clearly see the purple veins under my eyes passing by. What I really need help at is: are there any creams you recommend me to use to get a clear certain solution for this problem:confused: please...

Born with dark circles [ 16 Answers ]

Any good advice to get rid of dark circles aorund eyes as I've born with it... I was thinking to try Amira Magic cream... any one know if it is safe for under eye area? Bcoz I don't like to put Concealers on it is so uncomfortable:( Come on share your ideas & experiences with me... I'm still...

Eye bags & dark circles [ 14 Answers ]

I am 19 years old. I have had bags under my eyes for as long as I can remember. They aren't puffy, not at all. They look like they giant craters. Just recently I have been getting dark circles under my eyes also. I can't stand walking around like this I feel like a zombie, does anyone know how to...

Dark under-eye circles [ 19 Answers ]

I have always had dark circles under my eyes. I am white, fair-skinned and blonde. Could this be the only reason? I also saw an ENT doc for a septoplasty 3 years ago and he told me the reason could be sinus related and said the surgery may help, but it hasn't at all. I am well nourished and get...

View more questions Search