Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2010, 10:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeterpeter View Post
    But none the less i will check him out and get those bad boys plucked and cleaned to see if it helps. Thank you all for your honest opinions and i will maybe look into getting him nuetered.
    You are a good guy, and I thank you for being so open to our suggestions. He may have mites or something like that in his ears, so they might need to be cleaned. That could be why he cries, since his ears and what might be in them would bother him most when he's alone and not asleep.

Please keep us informed. We care about you and your pup.
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Jun 6, 2010, 03:50 AM

Everyone has given great posts. There's not really much else to say. I agree with the whole neutering idea, in my opinion a neutered dog is a healthier dog. I remember when I got my dog neutered, he was 2yrs old and it took a lot of convincing but my parents agreed to do it. I always tell my 2 brothers to get their dogs neutered as they each have one. And they won't. Heck 3 years after getting Rex done, they still make fun of himand call him a girl(where's the maturity:rolleyes:) I don't mind though because Rex is healthier because of it, and he calmed down a lot afterwards.

As to answer your question, I agree that the dog should be put in the crate as soon as everyone goes to bed. I also want to add, because I don't know if anyone put this. Perhaps you should exercise him closer to bed time, that way his energy level will be considerably lower. Also a good point everyone made was not to give into the whining. I know its hard and you just want to go pet him, but remember that your only feeding into his actions.

Just be sure to be consistent, if your going to put him in the crate when you go to bed one night, and the next night you let him on the bed with you for a while it really confuses the dog. For some people an exact time works good. So you could lets say put him in his crate at the same time every night, and let him out in the morning at the same time. I've always heard people say that their dogs wake them up to early in the morning, in cases like this the answer is simple, always let them out at the same time. If you wake up around 7:00am every morning then that's the time you let your dog out, no later no earlier.

My dog Rex is never let out at an exact time, because I've never had a problem with him waking me up. I get up take a shower, and he knows that once I get out of the shower then he can go out. Some days I let him out a 6:30, and somedays(when I can sleep in;)) I let him out at 9:30
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2010, 11:03 AM

Maybe he can smell a female, since he isn't neutered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help with a crying dog at night [ 1 Answers ]

I have just had a rescue dog and as soon as he is on his own he crys even if its left for 5mins. Any advice

Dog will not stop crying [ 3 Answers ]

So I have a Bichon Frise who is about a year and a half old. Recently she started crying for no reason. She's not in heat and we've made sure that our other dog is constantly by her side (it seems to upset her when he's not). It's gotten to the point where even when we're holding her and petting...

What can I do about my dog crying at night? [ 4 Answers ]

My dog Nicky is almost 4 years old. I made the mistake of babying him since he was 8 weeks old. I have been working with being more stern with him recently and he is responding semi-well. My biggest problem that I have now is that Nicky crys at night when I put him to bed. He sleeps in a...

Dog won't stop crying at night [ 9 Answers ]

Every night when I go put my 1 yr old mix in his cage he will start to cry when all of the light go off. I would give him a bone and that works for a little while then he will go back to crying. After about 30min has passed he would fall asleep. Is there something wrong with him or is he just...

View more questions Search