Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ryzenshyne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2010, 05:39 PM
    My central air unit is making a clicking sound but runs and cools
    I have a weather king ac unit 2 ton. The model # says SFC924C-1B on the back. Today I was sitting outside and I heard a relay clicking sound every few minutes from the unit. The ac unit was cooling my house fine, I don't smell any burning or whatnot. It just kept making this clicking sound... Is this normal or is there some sort of problem here?

How old is this ac unit? I can't find ANY info on it online...

Thanks for any help you can give folks!
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2010, 05:52 PM

Did the fan or anything stop? How often was it clicking?
    ryzenshyne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2010, 07:54 PM

No it seems to be working as normal. It only clicks every 2 to 3 minutes. Sometimes it only clicks a few times in a 10 min run. It sounds like its coming from the box on the back wall of the uniton the inside of the condenser where the thermostat and electrical wire goes into the unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is the fan on my central air outside unit not turning and making a clicking sound [ 2 Answers ]

I have central heating/air and the fan on the out side unit has stopped turning and is making a clicking noise. The heat on the inside of the house is still working, so it is a two part question. What is causing it to not turn and make the clicking sound? And What damage will it cause if I can not...

Air Conditioner Unit Outside Making a Clicking Sound [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Texas and it's really hot already and I noticed last night that my Air Conditioner unit outside is making a weird clicking sound. The fan was turning last night but today it stopped working. It is around 81 degrees in my house right now and I need to know what is going on to fix this...

My unit runs but no heat defrost relay keeps clicking [ 0 Answers ]

My unit runs but no heat and the defrost relay keeps clicking what is my problem Thanks Jimmie

My AC unit cools really good fro about 2 hours then it blows abient air. [ 3 Answers ]

My AC IS a 3.5 ton split I'm having trouble with it blowing cold air for more than 2 hours at a time what cold cause this when it starts up after about 30 min. its blowing 49.6f and after about another hour and a half its blowing 66. f. there is no sign of freezing up and the coils have been...

Thermostat and outside unit making clicking sound? [ 4 Answers ]

The clicking sound on the outside unit is coming from inside somewhere. Would a bad contactor cause this or is there something more going on? I had just replaced the transformer. After replacing that is when the clicking started, until it suddenly stopped and now appears the new transformer...

View more questions Search