Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yeahyeah00 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2010, 03:07 PM
    What happens when you violate felony probation with a misdemeanor?
    My boyfriend was into about 6 months of felony probation and his P.O. was really pleased with how he was doing, he then was pulled over for going 5 mph over the speed limit... and they searched him and his car because he told them he was on probation. So he had his friend with him and they searched both of them found a serenity pipe 'the legal' herb they sell in smoke shops on him and less than 20 grams of weed which he had just bought off his friend. His friend though left his own 'pipe'
    (which maryj was used in it) underneath the passenger seat and they let him leave after they only searched and then arrested my boyfriend like idiots before they searched the car. So then they asked him about that and he said it wasn't his it was his friends which was the truth but of course they didn't want to look like they F****** up so they chraged him with another charge of equipment something or other. So he was bailed out for two weeks and he violated probation so he turned himself in the next morning after the warrant was released. Does anyone know what will happen?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 29, 2010, 05:57 PM

I'm not sure it was the Police who were the idiots here - your boyfriend, on felony probation, was driving around with MJ in his car?

He could be sentenced to the time he would have served if he had not received probation; he could continue on probation after a warning.

It could go either way.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 29, 2010, 05:59 PM

Most likely he will be going back in till his time is served. Since he has proven he didn't learn his lesson before then he will be remanded to go back. Flat out he blew it.
    confuzed1 Posts: 49, Reputation: 4

May 29, 2010, 06:08 PM

Your boyfriend should not have been carrying drugs while on probation. Now, he will go back to jail and might have to finish the rest of his sentence. Or depending on what the authorities decide to do will happen to him..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2010, 07:16 PM

It is not the real level of the new crime, even non crimes, like not reporting can violate his probation.

If he original crime was drugs, then this will most likely be taken more seroius than if perhaps he was a armed robber. Silly yes, but if he, If he does not go back to prison, he will be put most likely on a very close probation with a lot more drug tests.

But most likely it is back to prison for some time, maybe his full sentence, maybe just a few months but my bet would be more time.
    yeahyeah00 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2010, 10:34 AM

He did serve time already for the original... his probation officer said he will most likely be put on a longer probation sentence after serving his 10 days. I can't wait until marijuana is legal. And if your against it'll most likely get us at least half way out of debt if they just tax the crap out of it which I'm sure they'll do.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 30, 2010, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeah00 View Post
    he did serve time already for the original...his probation officer said he will most likely be put on a longer probation sentence after serving his 10 days. i can't wait until marijuana is legal. and if your against it'll most likely get us atleast half way out of debt if they just tax the crap out of it which im sure they'll do.
    A lot of the opinion here is based on the law as it applies not the quality of it. And if it is illegal in your state then he needs to steer clear. That IS the bottom line.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 30, 2010, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeah00 View Post
    he did serve time already for the original...his probation officer said he will most likely be put on a longer probation sentence after serving his 10 days. i can't wait until marijuana is legal. and if your against it'll most likely get us atleast half way out of debt if they just tax the crap out of it which im sure they'll do.

This is a discussion for a discussion board -

Violate probation and face the consequences. It's as simple as that.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 30, 2010, 02:00 PM

Hello y:

Your boyfriend was an idiot for telling the cops he was on probation and letting them search. I don't think they're going to slam him hard, though, for a little dope.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony [ 6 Answers ]

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony. I see many questions on this topic... please post my input. A summary Court Martial is not a felony conviction period! There is nothing in the military to equate a Court Martial to a felony or misdemeanor conviction. The federal courts look...

What happens if you violate felony probation? [ 9 Answers ]

I really really would appreciate your help on this matter! My father was arrested about a year ago for possession of drugs but the judge sentenced him to probation. He attended all his classes and gave drug tests that were all required in his probation. He has hep C and he became so ill he left...

What happens if I violate probation a day before my probation is up but didn't get arr [ 1 Answers ]

What happens if I violate probation a day before my probation was up but didn't get arrested

Violation felony probation with a misdemeanor [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend was arrested in 05 on drug charges and used First Offender. For his charges it carried 15 years but he received 2 years probation. He reported the 1st year. His. P.O. said since he was doing so well he didn't have to come back until he got off which is July 7 next month. He violated...

What will happen if you violate a felony probation with a misdemeanor? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend got a felony for grand theft and they gave him probation. He violated with a misdemeanor for stealing some video games from target which he was going to pawn for money. What is going to happen to him when he goes to court? The grand theft was his first offense.

View more questions Search