Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honeyfbaby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2010, 04:37 PM
    If my 18 year old son doesn't follow my rules can I legally throw him out?
    Is it legal to evict an unruly 18 year old son?
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

May 29, 2010, 04:44 PM

Yes.. you can and you should.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2010, 05:01 PM

Just make sure you follow your state's laws for eviction
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 29, 2010, 05:41 PM

Mostly it depends on the state you live in and if he is still in school or not.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 29, 2010, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Yes..you can and you should.
    Its not that simple because it can depnd on factors that we don't know about. The basics being that for legal purposes the child support guidelines as far as emancipation could apply. And in some states its 21.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

May 29, 2010, 05:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Its not that simple because it can depnd on factors that we dont know about. The basics being that for legal purposes the child support guidelines as far as emancipation could apply. And in some states its 21.

I'm glad you posted this answer Califdadof3; I know in some states if a child is 18 and out of school and he or she is unruly.. they can be asked to leave. Hope the OP comes back and gives more details.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I legally kick my 33 year old son out of my house? [ 4 Answers ]

My son and his wife moved in on the premise that they would pay rent and half of the bills to help me through hard times. They have lived with me since September of 2007 and have only eaten me out of house and home and ran my electric bill up. They have probably only paid three bills in the 11...

NY parents evict 18 year old son failure to follow rules [ 18 Answers ]

Suffolk CTY, NY, residents - parents of 18y old son seek information on how to evict him from our home. Our 18Y son left home in 10/07 due to his inability to follow our rules. He was living in vacant houses for awhile until his grandparents agreed to let him live with them. He stayed there for...

My step son does not follow house rules and does not help paying the rent or bills [ 2 Answers ]

After my husband was ask to vacate the house on 08/09 by the court following a domestic violence , my step son who is 23 years became hostile toward me in the house, disrespectful and arrogant. I gave him a 30 day notice to vacate on October 2009. Following that I went to the court to ask an...

How To legally kick out my 20 year old step son [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I live in Georgia and have been married for 12 years. We have had custody of his kids and I have one child. We are a blended family. His son who is now 20 years old has moved back in with us against my will. We have Owned our home for 6 years. This son has been problems for about...

Legally getting rid of 18-year old deadbeat step-son [ 1 Answers ]

I want to get rid of my 18-yr. old step son. He has been living w. my husband and me since Aug. 08, and has broken our verbal agreement regarding the conditions of him staying w. us. He refuses to do anything we ask, is rude and extremely disrespectful. We live in Maryland. Is there a fast way...

View more questions Search