Ask
    katbak Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2010, 01:03 PM
    Where to get married quick and easy in lancaster county Pennsylvania

May 29, 2010, 01:04 PM
    Want to know how to go about getting married quick and easy in lancaster county Pennsylvania

May 29, 2010, 01:05 PM

Where can I find a justice of the peace to marry us in lancaster county Pennsylvania
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 29, 2010, 01:13 PM

Here's what I found.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source...W3Kl9F3rySgJ1A
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2010, 03:18 PM

You have to get a marriage license, then you may get married at the court house, or there are a lot of pastors who will marry you at their home, their office or your home.

I have couples call me up and drop by the same day to be married in my home
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 30, 2010, 07:34 AM

Here are the requirements in your County (note there is a waiting period). You would need to make arrangements with a clergyman or Justice of the Peace of your choosing. The office where you apply is in the County Courthouse in Lancaster. http://www.usmarriagelaws.com/search...r_county.shtml

How to get a Marriage License in Lancaster County

ID Requirement in Lancaster County:
    You will need to present photo identification such as your driver's license, state ID, or passport. Social Security numbers will be requested.
    Residency Requirement in Lancaster County:
    You do not have to be a resident of Lancaster County. However, some counties may require that you both speak English or bring with you someone who can translate.
    Previous Marriages:
    You will need to show a certified copy of the final divorce decree, with court raised seal, of your divorce or annulment decree or know the date of death of a deceased spouse.
    If you have resumed your maiden name, related documents must be shown. Foreign documents must be translated into English.

Waiting Period in Lancaster County:
    There's a three (3) day waiting period in Lancaster County.
    You can request a waiver of the waiting period. Send a letter as early as possible addressed to the Lancaster County Register, requesting a Waiver and your reason why. Your letter should contain both names, a telephone number, proof of your wedding date (a wedding invitation will work), and a return address so a letter of confirmation to be sent to you. There is an additional $15.00 fee in cash only for this service.

Fees in Lancaster County:
    It will cost you approximately $40 - $75 to get married in Lancaster County. Cash only. Please verify with the County Register the cost of a marriage license in the county where you want to get married. Additional surcharges have been added to the basic cost of a marriage license.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quick, easy recipes. [ 13 Answers ]

Hey, I was just wondering if someone could give me some quick and easy recipes that are also cheap as well. Also some bush cooking recipes would be good. Thanks.

Writ of Execution in Pennsylvania, NOrthampton County [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was served a Writ of Execution on a judgment from Chase Bank for a little over $5,000.00. In Pennsylvania, I am under the assumption that they cannot garnish wages, however can they go after bank accounts that are in both of our names, and also can they go after a vehicle, and/or home....

Valid Quick Claim Deed, Pennsylvania, Allegheny County [ 2 Answers ]

My mom died 5 years ago. I am one of five siblings. She has a house in Pennsylvania. I did not have the time or bothered about the house but checked on it from time to time, I could not afford the taxes. I was contacted by a husband and wife who bought the house next to my mom's. They say...

View more questions Search