Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Firehawk734 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2010, 03:40 AM
    How well does Alli work? 1 dose vs prescription dose? And will it work for me?
    Hi,

I am very into fitness, but I have really just run up against a wall.

I used to weigh 342lbs about 5 years ago. Over the next 3 years I lost 112lbs and got all the way down to 230. I'm male, 31 yrs old, 6'2.

I had a heart condition called Atrial Fibrillation with brutal symptoms. I went in and had an RF Ablation surgery procedure and that cured me of the Afib. But I developed anxiety and panic attack problems. Since I work out all of the time, I am always getting my heart rate way up which used to make me really nervous because of the condition. The same symptoms exhibited from Afib are that of when you are out of breath and your heart is pounding from exercise. SO my brain must have linked those feelings together.

I was in the gym one day squatting very heavy and for a lot of reps, and had a total panic attack. Since then, whenever I work out I get very gittery. But I still work out and deal with it.

Well, I went to a pscyhiatrist and they put me on Effexor, and told me I would not gain weight, but I ended up gaining 25lbs. I took myself off slowly and told the doctor I would not be back, and that it was ridiculous that now because of that drug, I can't lose weight and I put weight back on.

This was about a year ago now. I have busted my BUTT all year and I have been able to lose about 2lbs on average. So I currently sit at 252 and I can't get any lower, no matter what.

Keep in mind, I am an experienced dieter and exerciser. I used to chart my daily calorie intake (still do) and went back to similar weight and what I was eating, and none of that works for me anymore. I don't get it.

I'm NOT big on pills at all. I let the doctor convince me to take Effexor, and that was my biggest mistake ever. Even since I've been off that drug, I have not been able to lose anything.

So I was reading about Alli, and was wondering if that would even work for me. I tend to eat low fat anyway, maybe 30-40g a day at most. My diet structure is usually 40/20/20 or even 50/30/10. Would that product work for me even though I eat low fat anyway? And would I expect to see results?

Thing is, I don't want to take any thermogenic products because they will increase my heart rate and that's what I want to stay away from, having anxiety issues and all. The supplement area is a new territory for me. I have never taken anything beyond a Multi-vitamin, and really don't want to now, but I'm running out of options and it's very hard to be motivated to work out anymore, when you see no results for such a long time.

Dave
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2010, 05:24 AM

Before using Alli, you might want to investigate this news about it.

The jury seems to still be out on this, but you want to be careful when your health is involved.

Regards,
    WallyH
    Firehawk734 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Jun 14, 2010, 11:15 AM

I am a week into the use of Alli. I usuallly eat pretty clean 6 days of the week anyway, but I took Alli with meals that had more than 5g of fat in them over last week. On the first day I noticed I had runnier stool but that was about it. I didn't have the leakage like I have heard reported, or have digestive tract pain or anything. After that, I have not experienced any kind of diahrea. I don't know what that means, if it's working or not.

I will not know for another 2 weeks on whether I'm losing weight due to this, but because of my anal nature with recording calories and such, I will definitely report my findings.

I took Alli with meals that had very high fat on my 'cheat day' on the 7th day (last Saturday) and did not experience diahrrea like I thought for sure I would. In fact, it was like it did nothing. I doubled up the alli to 120mg on the cheat meals, too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the prescription dose of ibuprofen [ 3 Answers ]

What is the prescription dose of ibuprofen

Hair too dark! Dose Prell really work? [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hair darkest brown which turned out to be black, I would like this black to lighten up because I really hate this color on me! I have heard that the shampoo Prell works well for this situation, or using dawn soap with shampoo. My question is how long does this process take, and what do...

Dose she like me [ 3 Answers ]

She is always looking at me

What dose he mean? [ 8 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend and I were together for almost a year and a half. He left me for someone else while I just started college. 6 months go by, he calls me seeing how I was doing. He wanted to go out for coffee. After the conversation he text message me saying "I think about what did i did to us all...

Why dose he come around saying he still wants to be with me? [ 13 Answers ]

About 4 years ago I was in a really good realshionship with a brilliant guy even though I was young I thought he was the one and that it would last forever although he later finished it for one reason or another, since we spilt up all that time ago we have kept in contact well not close contact but...

View more questions Search