Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    girlygirl1819 Posts: 67, Reputation: -1

Mar 8, 2009, 01:56 PM
    Ford Taurus Oil Change
    How many quarts of oil does a 2000 Ford Taurus hold?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2009, 02:35 PM

My 2000 Ford Taurus, with the 24 valve Duratec DOHC engine, holds 5.5 quarts (with filter change). The Vulcan OHV engine holds 4.5 quarts, with filter change. My advice is to use 5W-30 Mobil 1 engine oil and change it, along with the filter, every 6,000 miles or 6 months, whichever comes first. Also, be sure to drop and clean the transmission pan, change the filter, and refill with Mercon V automatic transmission fluid (6 quarts) every 30,000 miles. Similarly, I recommend that you use Mobil 1 Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid. These suggestions will help you avoid the big unexpected engine or transmission repair bills. Check the "Sticky" for other suggestions related to 2000 Ford Tauruses.
    RegTreg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2010, 09:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by girlygirl1819 View Post
    How many quarts of oil does a 2000 Ford Taurus hold?
    Id put 5 quarts in her there missy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

93 Ford Taurus SHO [ 2 Answers ]

Hey. I have a 93 Ford Taurus SHO. Lately, Ive noticed that the Tranny shifts hard going up a slight grade, or when I'm behind somebody who pulls out slow. Now, when I floor it, or I pull out normal, It don't do it. I'm just wondering what would cause it? It's an automatic by the way. Any input...

How to Change PCV Valve on 2000 Ford Taurus, with 3.0 L Duratec Engine [ 0 Answers ]

1. Disconnect battery cables (negative first). 2. Disconnect MAF Sensor connector. 3. Remove air filter. 4. Disconnect hoses (3) going to air intake. 5. Remove air intake.

95 ford taurus [ 1 Answers ]

Lights blink - pinging sound - won't crank

94 ford taurus [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the speed sensor located ?

Ford taurus [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1996 ford taurus not a bad car we had no major trouble until now .It ran out of gas and now I have to crank it many times before it finally starts and it keeps on stalling for the first 20 to 25 start,every time it starts it runs a little better for a few seconds then stalls again I keep...

View more questions Search