Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rlewi75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 06:36 AM
    Laws on taking pictures of me on my property
    I live pa. we have not gotten along with the people next door for over 20 years they have a camera set up on their front porch and also in the back yard these cameras take pictures of coming and going from our home and while3 we are in our back yard is this against the law or not I'm am sick of this and is very up setting to my famliy please help
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 25, 2010, 07:18 AM

Hello r:

If the camera's are on THEIR property, they can take pictures of you and your guests all day (and night) long.

excon
    rlewi85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 07:28 AM
    Than that means Ican sit in my front and tske them coming and going llewi75
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 25, 2010, 08:24 AM

I'd set up some cameras facing them... (they can be broke, just highly visible to them, how do they know they work or not).

Perhaps a dose of their own medicine might help. But then, some dumb neighbors are beyond shame... or reason.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 25, 2010, 09:21 AM

If they have security cameras that just happen to be pointed your way, there is nothing you can do about that. However, if they make use of the pictures they take without your permission, that is a different matter.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 25, 2010, 08:06 PM

As long as the cameras are on their property they can photograph anything they please. They cannot, however, add sound to the cameras if they are video cameras.

They are not breaking any laws photographing you or your guests. Sorry.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 26, 2010, 08:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    ... They cannot, however, add sound to the cameras if they are video cameras. ...
    You are saying they cannot record sound? Why not?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tips for taking self pictures [ 4 Answers ]

If we want to take photos of our own by our on self

Help with taking pictures at night in lighted stadium [ 5 Answers ]

My son plays football for our local High School and I just recently bought a Kodak Easy Share Z650 Digital Camera. I am not new to the digital camera world but for some reason when taking pictures at this stadium I get all dark photos! What am I doing wrong? I have set my camera on all settings and...

Taking pictures while I am training on school property [ 6 Answers ]

Hey guys, need some insight. I was out training on a run with some of my athlete's and ran passed my children's school on a Sunday afternoon. As I ran by I noticed my daughter at the school with her girl scout pack, saw my ex wife there also. Long story short as I came back towards the school I...

Taking pictures from a flash-game [ 5 Answers ]

How do you take a snapshot from a game, because you can't right click it.:confused:

Taking pictures at night [ 3 Answers ]

I am having trouble taking pictures in a lighted stadium at night. I have a digital camera(about 4 months old new) and have tried everything. Should I use reg 35 mil camera or is there a setting for stadium lighting with my digital camera? I have asked this before, with no answer. Hopefully someone...

View more questions Search