Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dan325is Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2010, 02:20 PM
    How Do I Bid on Commercial Cleaning?
    I am just starting to clean buildings located in California my question is, how much to charge square ft bid? The building is 48,000 square ft 2 stories. I will be cleaning bath rooms, mop all and vacuum window cleaning and more. This is a one time clean. How will I figure the total will I multiply the sq ft by $ amount?

I have a janitorial cleaning business anyone know how to bid on commercial building 48,000 sq. ft. 2 story. Is it by sq. ft. or per hour? I live in California and how much if it's sq. ft. and if multiplying sq. ft. by cents per sq. ft?

Any help?

Thank you.

DAN
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 17, 2010, 10:01 PM
    Hi, dan325is!

I just moved your post where you had started a thread in the Furniture forum topic area to this thread in order to avoid confusion.

In just a minute, I will be merging the two posts. The title for the thread in Furniture was lost when I moved the post.

How would you like for this thread to be titled? Or, would you just like to leave it the same as it is now?

Thanks!

May 17, 2010, 10:34 PM

Hi clough, you can title it how to bid on commercial cleaning .thank you for the help
    Uber Member

May 17, 2010, 10:36 PM
    Okay. Merger is coming up...
    Uber Member

May 17, 2010, 10:45 PM
    I just "tweeked" things a bit more.

Is it okay?
    Uber Member

May 17, 2010, 11:04 PM
    I've been waiting for your response here, dan325is.

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 17, 2010, 11:18 PM

Is this a construction clean up or a final clean Dan?

Stringer
    Uber Member

May 17, 2010, 11:21 PM
    Hi, Stringer!

My next "move" was to be to call you in on this thread and to inform dan325is about the possibilities for marketing and advertising.

I've been wondering how you've been? Left you a message, yesterday...

Thanks!
    Business Expert

May 18, 2010, 06:55 AM

Thanks Clough, better today my friend. I had a 'sinus experience' all weekend and yesterday, couldn't move around much. Thanks for asking. :)

May 18, 2010, 07:04 AM

Hi, Clough the building is new, just a one time clean I have more buildinga to clean this is the smallest.I thinging bidding in sq ft but not sure how much $ per sq ft. thank you

May 18, 2010, 07:05 AM

Final clean up
    Business Expert

May 18, 2010, 07:10 AM

Can you give me the total square footage? How long do you have to finish the clean?

Is this a bidding situation or do you already have the job?

Stringer

May 18, 2010, 08:04 AM

Final clean
    Business Expert

May 18, 2010, 09:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dan325is View Post
    final clean
    HI Dan, please see my post # 12 above can you answer these questions? To arrive at a final price there are more questions; Total sq ft relates to pricing, open or condensed areas, windows included, do you need to rent any equipment for height cleaning and dumpster use, type/s of flooring, any carpet or other floor work involved, etc?

Square footage is usually the best way to go for commercial cleaning. However you need to calculate your total price and bid with a total figure.

I apologize if I am being basic here I don't know how experienced you are.

Stringer

May 18, 2010, 08:33 PM

Hi Stringer, the sq ft 30,000 building health club carpets, 6 windows in front entrance two bath rooms locker room open offices with one closed office mainly interior renovation . It's a bidding situation starts in 6/8/10 .I have no experience on bidding large buildings . I will only clean janitorial cleaning . I have no experience bidding large sq ft
    Business Expert

May 18, 2010, 08:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dan325is View Post
    Hi Stringer, the sq ft 30,000 building health club carpets, 6 windows in front entrance two bath rooms locker room open offices with one closed office mainly interior renovation . its a bidding situation starts in 6/8/10 .I have no experience on bidding large buildings . I will only clean janitorial cleaning . I have no experience bidding large sq ft
    Hi Dan,

I only have a minute but I wanted to respond to your info. Tomorrow we can break it down and get started on the bid.

Another question/s;

How many buildings are there involved in this bid? You mentioned 40,000 and 30,000 sq ft.

How many bidders?

What areaa are you located? What part of the country (Assuming you are in the US.) Pricing varies considerably around the country and in cities compared to the suburbs.

Stringer

May 18, 2010, 09:36 PM

Hi Stringer, not sure on how many bidders my guess 5-10 the company found me my business name. I due janitorial and they need me to clean be fore the business opens I wrote 30,000 and 40,000 because there are over 100 to bid on so I NARROW IT TO 30,000 SQ FT ONE.Iam CA northern.

May 20, 2010, 08:47 AM

I can use any help

May 20, 2010, 08:28 PM

Help
    Uber Member

May 20, 2010, 08:44 PM
    Hi, dan325is!

I'll let Stringer know that you've been posting here. He's been having some health related issues lately.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to bid on commercial cleaning job 284000 sq ft should I bid per sq or per hour [ 5 Answers ]

I have the oppurtunity to bid a pretty big commercial cleaning job 296 offices, 59 bath rooms15 kitchens 32 waiting areas. What is the best way to bid this job.

Cleaning bid for commercial building on sq. Ft. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, hope someone can be of some assistance. I am bidding on a commercial office building that has roughly 18,000 sq. ft. with a few offices vacant. The cleaning will be a regular janitorial service 5 days a week with paper products provided. The building manager said they usually get a discount...

How to bid on commercial cleaning in PA using sq ft [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my name is Pumpkin and I would like to know how much do I bid per sq ft for a commercial property that is 30,000 sq ft. services would be 7 days per week.

Need to know how to bid on a cleaning job for a commercial building. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, I am new to the site and I'm hoping someone can help me. My brother and I are starting a commercial cleaning business and we have everything we need we are not sure on how to bid on a building. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Commercial Cleaning Bid [ 1 Answers ]

I am starting my own commercial cleaning business and I do not know how much to charge. I have a proposal in mind but I have never written a bid before. I do not know what the other cleaning companies are charging. How much should I charge for a 2500 sq feet building in the suburbs of AZ?

View more questions Search