jaynbarb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2010, 09:34 AM
    Trim pine trees
    I have a60 ft pine tree that I want to trim up

About 3 feet from the ground. Will this harm the tree
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 12, 2010, 09:48 AM

Just removing the lower branches, should be just fine. Do not flush cut, go out on the branch an inch before you start your cut, bottom cut first then top

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to trim norfolk pine tree [ 1 Answers ]

My Norfolk pine was not covered during a cold snap and now is brown on the edges of the top branches. Should I trim them, and if so, where?

Bees in my pine trees [ 3 Answers ]

I have a lot of bees that are in several of my pine trees. How do I get rid of them without hurting my trees?

Lawn Care After Removal of Pine Trees [ 1 Answers ]

I am having 18 pine trees removed from my yard (Wisconsin). The area under the trees is nothing but dirt. What will I need to do to repair my lawn?

My green pine trees [ 2 Answers ]

Can an Austrian pine tree be watered too much? I bought these 3 weeks ago and have watered every day thoroughly, now the green needles are falling off. I see no signs of pests.

My pine trees are killing everything. [ 1 Answers ]

What is it about pine trees that nothing will grow under or around them? I have three kind of scraggily pine trees in the fron yard, and I want to plant other things. What can I use to replenish the soil so that I can have a garden out there? I live in zone 24 on the western garden map. (that is...

View more questions Search