Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    as13hl20ey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2010, 09:45 PM
    My boyfriend doesn't want to have sex with me and wants to wait until he is married
    My boyfriend told me he wants to wait to have sex until he is married but he already has a 9 year old daughter and right before we started talking he had a one night stand. How man I tell if it's because he's not attracted to me or something else? He is not very affactionate and we act more like friends a lot of the time. I know friendship is an important thing but how do I tell if he really wants to be with me?
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

May 6, 2010, 11:23 PM

It sounds like with you he wants to be virtuous. However if this is something that you cannot except then you need to figure something else out because in order to be virtuous or sexual both partners have to be on board with it in order for the relationship to work.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2010, 11:25 PM
    Can I ask how old you both are, and how long you're known each other?

This may make a difference to how I respond..
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

May 7, 2010, 12:03 AM

It's possible that he doesn't want to repeat old mistakes. You need to sit down and have an open, honest conversations with him about his choice and your fears and where your relationship is going.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 7, 2010, 12:34 AM
    Hi, as13hl20ey!

If he might be wanting to be virtuous or not repeat a past mistake, then both of those traits would be admirable qualities in a person.

Thanks!
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 7, 2010, 07:35 AM
    I strongly suggest that you read this sticky: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/parent...dy-399072.html

Accidents do happen, so you both have to be prepared to face the consequences. Therefore, it's very very reasonable have sex after marriage.

Sounds more like your problem than his. He just wants to make sure that you're both committed to one another before taking that next step.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

May 8, 2010, 05:29 AM
    He says he wants to wait until he is married, does that translate into he plans to marry you? Have the two of you talked about marriage?

I find it suspicious that he is obviously sexually active, or was, until he was in a relationship with you, but, somehow he's suddenly found the wants to be virtuous? It's a little late for that don't you think?

If his only reason is he wants to wait until he is married, and he has not made it clear he wants to marry you, then perhaps the relationship is based more on other needs.

I'm not saying he's using you necessarily, but his needs are being met in this relationship under his direction that include no sex.

Can you offer any insight into the nature of the relationship itself? Do you live together, or support him in any way? Have you met his 9 year old daughter?

This just sounds a little fishy in my opinion.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2010, 06:45 AM

Sounds to me like he does not want to make the same mistakes again, and is looking for a serious relationship leading to marriage.

Is this something you are looking for,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does it mean when your boyfriend doesn't want sex from you [ 20 Answers ]

Hi I'm 19 years old nearly 20 my boyfriend is 25, I'm always in the mood for sex when wer in bed with each other, I try an touch him but he just pushes me away. And rolls the other way he always makes excuses when I ask him for sex, he doesn't touch me when I touch him he says he doesn't feel like...

How do I tell my boyfriend that I want to wait to have sex because I was raped 2 years ago [ 4 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy for a month now, my problem is that I want to take things slow. I don't think he will understand because I am 33 years old. Should I tell him the truth ad tell him that I was raped 2 years ago, and that is why I need to take things a little slower. I have had other guys...

Boyfriend says he doesn't like sex. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, me and my boyfriend have been together for 6 months. Im 21 and he's 24, he was a virgin. When we first got together he wanted me to touch him, and we had sex almost everyday for about a week. Then he moved me in with him ( and he asked me to move in with him) After I moved in with him we didn't...

My boyfriend doesn't want to have sex [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend seems to have little interest in me anymore . We have sex every couple of weeks , which he seems to enjoy but he never ever initiates it . I have discovered he still has photos of his ex girlfriend on hs phone , laptop and in some boxes and further discovered he has been looking at...

View more questions Search