Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MtnTop Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2010, 03:57 PM
    AC won't stop running, not cooling, Goodman unit
    Unit is a Goodman model # capf3642c6aa that is less than 2 years old.

This is the first time this season we've really put it on and it is not cooling much at all and seems to run for long periods. Unit outside seems to be working properly. I have the thermostat set at 72 and it's 78 inside, outside today is 90.

New clean filter installed, inside unit is not iced up that I can tell anywhere obvious, insulated pipe is cold to the touch but not freezing.

We're in an isolated rural area and it's expensive just to get someone to come here and look at the issue.

I'm not an AC guy but am a fair shade tree mechanic, any advice or help would really be appreciated.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2010, 05:41 PM

Did the ac work last year? If it was frezing up you would probably have water on the floor.
    MtnTop Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2010, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdta View Post
    did the ac work last year?? if it was frezing up you would probally have water on the floor.
    Yes, the unit worked great last year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC unit running but not cooling house [ 9 Answers ]

We moved into our house last summer and it had be renovated with a new Goodman CKL24-1L system, (~3 months old at the time of move in). Our home is small, maybe about 1000 sq ft. However, we had some trouble with it last summer, it would often have trouble keeping the temperature low. We would...

AC Unit Cooling Fan Not Running [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. My son's HVAC unit is an older Carrier model and needs replaced, but he is trying to limp through this summer until he can afford to buy a new one. The problem is the cooling fan will not run in the outside unit. I took a look at it and the contactor is pulling in and the compressor is...

A/c unit running inside and outside but not cooling upstairs [ 1 Answers ]

My a/c unit outside of home is running (compressor?) and it is blowing inside and running too. In the morning after all night the temp is at 72 which is where it is set, but the rest of the day it is set on 72 and is 80 in the home. Both inside and outside are running all day. Why would this be...

Auto/ on switch on Goodman/Amana Heating/cooling unit [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Goodman/Amana heating and cooloing unit (Model # PTC073B35AE) that is hooked up to a remote thermostat. What shoud the auto/on of the unit itself be placed at. It seems to be running too much and my elelctric usage is way higher than should be.

Goodman ac is 1yr old and stop running no humming [ 3 Answers ]

My goodman ac is only 1yr old and stop running while we were sleeping we live in new construction home smith and keen said we only have a 1 year warranty through them how can I trouble shoot this problem without spending a whole lot of money

View more questions Search