Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rwm7183 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2010, 05:00 AM
    Replacing a battery in a 2003 Lexus RX300
    I own a 2003 Lexus RX300 and have been advised I need to consider replacing the battery. I've had it tested at three location with each location offering a different opinion. Consumer Reports lists the Kirkland battery from Costco very high but they do not install batteries. Can anyone tell me is there anything very difficult in replacing a battery on a RX300? Also, can you tell me the CCA's on an OEM battery for this model. The dealer I spoke to says it's "around" 560 CCA's.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 05:50 AM

After recording any radio codes, disconnect the negative battery terminal from the old battery; then, disconnect the positive battery cable. Clean battery cables and terminals with a battery terminal brush or abrasive cloth (sandpaper-type cloth). Ideally, apply dielectric grease to the battery terminals. Finally, connect the positive battery cable to the new battery and then the negative battery cable.

It's best to fully charge your new battery for several hours, prior to installation--remove caps and check the fluid level first. Add distilled water, if necessary.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2010, 02:36 PM

If done at an auto zone or alike, they'll put a memory saver on it and save all those things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repair diagnosis for trouble code P0171 for 2000 Lexus, RX300 [ 15 Answers ]

I just replaced O2 sensor and now check engine light came back on after driving 30 miles. I took to local Aotozone store and they identified as trouble code P0171. Any recommendations for diy repair, what part may be gone bad which sends computer this error code? I am willing to take challenge to...

2000 rx300 lexus 1125 code [ 1 Answers ]

Coolant temp sensor closed loop

How to replace oxygen sensors on 2000 lexus rx300? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone knows how to locate oxygen sensors? I replaced one right under the driver's seat & outside of car but, I am having hard time finding 2nd one! Please help, Bruce

Troubleshooting Codes 2001 Lexus RX300 [ 1 Answers ]

Airbag warning light keeps blinking. Code B 0138 Short Circuit in Seatbelt Pretensioner for Drivers Side. Cleared code and drove 5 minutes and started blinking again. I need to replace the Drivers Side Pretensioner. Question is this something I can do myself? I do not want to unexpectedly...

Lexus RX300 year 2000 Cup holder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I just purchased a 2000 Lexus RX300 and the cupholders for both front and back seats are missing. I have looked at several different auto parts dealers online and no one seems to have that replacement part. Any suggestions as to where and the cheapest way to get those cupholders? Thanks for...

View more questions Search