Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NoHeroInHerSky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2010, 11:07 PM
    Why doesn't my boyfriend want to be intimate with me?
    I met my boyfriend online April of 2009. I lived in California at the time and him in Michigan. He came out to California in November of last year hoping I would move in with him. I was in a bad environment and have health issues which make it unable to work and he wanted me to live with him and I agreed. We moved in together in November and he was so good to me and we seemed to be madly in love which was something I had given up on before him. We have only had sex 3 times and not since December of last year. I am so confused because after we had sex he could not stop trembling with pleasure but on the third time he had trouble keeping an erection and he explained that he has had that problem since before I came to live with him. He also said he got hard so much more now with me.

But he has not so much as touched me for 5 months now. When I talk to him he gets upset and tell me he does not know why we don't have sex that he loves me and wants to marry me. But as time has gone by he cuddles me less spends less time paying attention to me. He is always on his computer playing video games. I used to play then with him which is how we met but he ignores me most of the time.

I tried to explain how it hurts me and makes me feel so unattractive and unloved that there is no intimacy. He only kisses me with pecks on the mouth now. I love him so much but it hurts so much.

I have offered him blow jobs and massages and he turns them down and say thank you though and it makes me feel even worse.

I would appreciate your view on this matter
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Apr 25, 2010, 11:29 PM

He seems uninterested to me. I hate to say that but he doesn't even want to try. (there may be a health issue but it doesn't strike me that way) You have only had sex 3 times since November and you live together... Online relationships are funny that way...

Wait did you say he lived in MI and moved to Cali? He could be seriously lost. I moved to Tenn and I grew to hate it with every fiber of my being. It left a horrible stigma for that state in my mind.

Ask him if he is home sick. That might be it. However I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he is starting another online relationship. I would watch closer and see what is going on. One thing is for sure though, he needs to discuss this with you like an adult instead of making you feel like crap for whatever his problem is.
    Showme_urmove Posts: 319, Reputation: 101

Apr 26, 2010, 12:43 AM

Woow. Sounds to me like your honeymoon stage is now over. You two only new each other for a year, not physically and emotionally.
    He is always on his computer playing video games. I used to play then with him which is how we met but he ignores me most of the time.
    To be honest with you he had never changed. He was that person even before you met him. That's the mistake people makes. When your in a new relationship they will put a mask that you will like, They will try to be the person you want them to be just to make you happy, but once they feel really comfortable around you, they take that mask off and you then see the true color of their skin. Sadly in your case you just saw it. He doesn't need to do anything anymore because you two are now leaving together and that's enough for him. He doesn't care about the sparks and all the intimacy things like you women longs for everyday. IF you love him accept him for who he is, and try to find your own way of intimacy. But if you want something more have a heart to heart talk with him, tell him how you feel about things and you need him to make you feel like a woman sometimes not everyday but some other days. And if he can't provide you with that then go and leave. Don't attack him just talk with a nice low voice.
    THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION!!
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2010, 01:04 AM

Basically,you moved in with someone you only knew from an online relationship,and,call me oldfashioned,you don't really know a person until you have spent a considerable amount of time together,as in real dates etc.

You seen to have no open lines of communication going for you.

Unless you can sit down and discuss your problems,and its not only about physical closeness,this relationship is not going anywhere.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Apr 26, 2010, 06:38 AM

The others have given you excellent advice. To sum it up:

1) You did not know each other well enough before starting a relationship.

2) You definitely did not know each other well enough to move in together.

3) He was always like this, he just put in the effort to chase you, but now that he's got you, he's back to his old ways.

4) Sounds like he's very disinterested in building the relationship. He's more interested in stability. As long as you're in his life, that's enough for him.

If you can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen. Don't force yourself to stay in this relationship for the sake of the relationship. In other words, now that you know the "real him", can you handle it?

You've already told him how you feel and nothing seems to change. You can definitely try again, but if there's no change in his attitude, then you're just making yourself suffer by staying in this relationship.

Simply telling you that he loves you is definitely not enough to have a strong and healthy relationship. It takes compatibility, hard work, communucation, respect, passion, etc. If he can't provide anything except the occasional "I love you", then why are you still sticking around? Actions speak louder than words.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 26, 2010, 07:56 PM

I met my boyfriend online April of 2009. I lived in California at the time and him in Michigan. He came out to California in November of last year hoping I would move in with him. I was in a bad environment and have health issues which make it unable to work and he wanted me to live with him and I agreed. We moved in together in November
    Too much, too fast, crash and burn.

If you cannot even talk about what bothers you, that's a big red flag and I think you tell him his communications skills don't allow you to know how to work with him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend refuses to be intimate in any way.. [ 5 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for two years, we are currently engaged and have a one year old daughter. When we first met, he had a girlfriend whom I was unaware of. He left her to be with me, which caused a crap load of drama. Keep her in mind.. because she plays a role further down the road in my...

Intimate and virgin [ 8 Answers ]

What are the ways to be intimate and stay a virgin?

He won't be intimate [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'm new to this website. I've been in a 3 1/2 year relationship with my boyfriend. He tells me he loves me and wants to be with me any moment he can. But we have several problems, he doesn't see them as problems but I do. #1. he won't kiss me #2 he never wants to be intimate with me #3...

Husband need to more intimate to me [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get him to notice me again, be more involved in me and get a little jealous when he sees other guys giving me attention?

Intimate conversation? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband starting talking to a woman -- started business. She used to call him all of the time and now he calls her and talks to her for an hour at a time about his life, favorite vacation spots, his feelings, and everything going on with him at his work. I feel like this is inappropriate...

View more questions Search