Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marranoj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2010, 02:08 PM
    Wife won't help pay the bills
    My wife and I were separated for over a year. She got evicted so I let her come home. She is trying to force me to sell the house which I do not want to sell because I lived here 20 years and am fond of it. She has a good job but will not help pay the bills. Is there any way I can get her to help pay the bills?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 20, 2010, 02:41 PM

You can evict her. And while your at the courthouse file your divorce papers.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 20, 2010, 05:13 PM

Well if her name is on the deed, he can not even evict her ad will have to settle it in divorce court.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2010, 08:08 PM

Was it a legal separation or just informal? If it was a legal separation there is a chance that you can evict her. However, if you are still legally married she has as much right to be there as you do and so you really can't force her to pay anything. So I'm guessing that if you were apart for so long that you want a divorce?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help to pay bills [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé and I are both not working, he is laid off (over 1 month) and hasn't received his first unemployment check, and I lost my job because I am attending college (nursing school) and my employer could no longer work with my school schedule. We have had zero money come in over the last 6 weeks...

Tenant won't pay rent, won't move furniture out and won't answer calls from me! [ 4 Answers ]

I have a tenant who won't pay rent, won't move furniture out and won't take calls from me. They do not use the house as a primary residence. They are very wealthy and definitely have the means to pay. Just incredibly evasive and dismissive. Dotn know where to turn. Someone please help! I cannot...

Who should pay the bills? [ 5 Answers ]

I am not sure if I should post this issue here, if not, please advice. Any feedback will be appreciated. We are in Washington State. On December 18th night, we found our toilet was leaking from the bottom of the bowl and flooded in the bathroom. We put some newspapers and the towels to stop...

If you won't pay credit card bills , will you go to jail? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if u won't settled a credit card bill, ill you go to jail?

How do I pay her bills? [ 9 Answers ]

My mother-in-law passed away last month and I was a signer on a $23,000 cd. Now, what do I do with the money so that I can pay her bills until the estate is all settled. Right now, it's in my checking account under another account number for tracking purposes, paying zero interest (I wasn't sure if...

View more questions Search