Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrsducky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2010, 03:07 PM
    Will ironite help if I put too much weed and feed and the grass is turning brown?
    I over did it with weed and feed, grass is turning yellow and already have dried up patches.
    Will ironite help get it green again?
    I have been watering for 2 days hoping it will help.
    Live in San Antonio Texas
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 14, 2010, 03:29 AM

If you overdid the weed/feed and your grass is turning yellow, you have burned the grass down to the root and Ironite isn't going to help restore it.

Tick
    jrsducky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2010, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    If you overdid the weed/feed and your grass is turning yellow, you have burned the grass down to the root and Ironite isnt going to help restore it.

tick
    What would help?
    Does watering every day do anything to help revive it?
    Or is there any thing a can add to help it?
    mbell77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2010, 08:16 AM
    We did the same thing in Austin, TX. We are watering every night and it is slowly coming back.
    nicolesmg Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2010, 06:31 AM

If the lawn is stressed, you really do not want to add any thing else to it (may cause furthur stress on the grass). Its best just to water, if you water about every other day for 30 minuts for the next 2-3 grass should recover. If it does not then that means that the weed and feed has killed those areas and it will need to be reseeded.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Front yard full of clay, gray grass, and green weed looking grass [ 2 Answers ]

I just recently bought a house and the front / back yard needs major treatment. There's a mix of green grass that looks like weeds really just because it's in random spots. I mean the spots are green and look like some sort of grass. The side yard is actually in pretty good condition but I have...

I have burnt my grass with Wilko Granular Feed & Weed! [ 2 Answers ]

I measured the appropriate amount and applied per square yard by hand or so I thought! Now I have "black patches" in certain areas. I have raked the area and have removed lots of moss but its still black. What can I do? I don't want a bowling green as I have grandchildren who like to have a...

Weed & feed effects on St Augustine grass [ 1 Answers ]

Will weed and Feed fertilizer kill St. Augustine grass in East Texas. Thank you

Grass and weed killers [ 10 Answers ]

If I spray grass and weed killer around the base of my plants and bushes, Will it kill the plants and bushes too?

View more questions Search