Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mary69 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2010, 03:56 PM
    How do I leave my husband with no money
    I am currently living in south america and my husband is an alcoholic that has started drinking again. I'm 40 he is 63. I'm desperate to go back to the states. I don't know where to start and I'm really scared. He has left me with no money and lots of bills. I need courage to leave and not feel like a loser. I am so ashamed my life is such a shambles at my age. I know I can work hard again and get back on my feet. The fear I have is if he will be explosive or if I need to figure out a way to leave while he takes a trip back home. I haven't been able to get the money from the sale of my goods back in home. So I can't even buy a ticket back. He keeps money away from me so I can't even save some behind his back. It will be $1000 -$1500 to get back because I won't leave my cat and little dog behind. I have no credit cards left since he stopped paying them. I have jewelry I can pawn when I get home as I won't get beans for it down here. I can't ask anyone I know to buy me a ticket and pay them back either. Help with any suggestions please. I am losing my hair and have migraines 24/7. I even managed to knock out two fillings from grinding my teeth. Please help me get out of this sinking ship. Thank you so much for listening.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2010, 03:58 PM

Are you a U.S. citizen?

Apr 4, 2010, 10:01 PM

Yes I am a US citizen
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2010, 04:14 PM

Go to the US Embassy and ask for help.

Apr 11, 2010, 08:03 AM

I would love to do that but it's 4hours away. I may have made some headway with my husband as far as going back to the US. He has tentativley agreed to send me back sometime in June. He is going back in May and will decide if he wants to stay in South America or move back to the US with me. Either way I am going home... Keep your fingers crossed. I still would give anything to be GONE GONE GONE TODAY! I feel that if I do this without running away it will be better in the long run. It might be the wake up call he needs to stop drinking. Which is now at a little more than half a liter a day of rum. I will not enable an alcoholic. He has tried to make feel guilty "I don't love him", "I don't want to be around him", "I lost so much sometimes I don't care if I never wake up" etc. It will be hard to wait it out but I will. I f you have any other suggestions of any kind please please please tell me I need courage to get through this. I just can't stop crying.
    Thank you for listening
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2010, 08:24 AM

Sorry, time to eat pride and do something if it is really that bad.

You want someone else to do it for you, it appears. Sorry, for ourself we have to make some hard choices give animals to someone, and sneak money from him and hide it, call friends and borrow money from them.

Make a choice to do it and just do it.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2010, 08:45 AM

There is no easy way. If the Embassy is 4 hours away, well, I guess you have to travel for 4 hours.

If it's as bad as you say you need to stop crying and simply get out.

No one here can help you beyond giving advice. You have to do the rest of the "work."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I leave my husband? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I have been really confused recently and was hoping that somebody would be able to give me some advice. I've been married for 2 years but have been with my husband for 10 years. He was my first serious boyfriend and first person that I slept with. My husband is a good man and he is very much...

Is my husband going to leave me? [ 10 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 16 years. I am a jealeous, and insecure person. I have issues with my husbands chosen friendship with another couple. At first I thought the wife would be my friend. But it turns out she is mainly my husbands friend. They both have lots incommon, or at...

Should I leave my husband. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I've been married for almost 11 years. I'm hispanic my husband white. Over the past couple of months my husband told me that he did not love me anymore. He told me that he had being building some resentment towards me over the past two years or so but could not find the courage to tell me so....

Should I leave my husband [ 7 Answers ]

Me and my husband have been married for almost five years and we are both under 35 we keep on arguing and just being so irritated by each other lately all we do is blame each other and we keep contemplating divorce I think we are both scared of being alone as for me I would like to break up and...

I want to leave my husband but now money [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 26yrs old and I have a 2yrs old daughter and another on the way in the next couple of weeks. I don't love him as I used to do he's hit me in the pass and he blames me for calling the police on him. At the moment he's stays out all night and doesn't tell me, to top it off I'm 38 weeks pregnant...

View more questions Search