Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tturley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2010, 02:20 PM
    Work in California but live in Nevada should my employer with hold taxes
    If I live in Nevada but work for a California based company should they be with holding taxes
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Apr 8, 2010, 10:48 PM

If you are not present in CA that is you work from Nevada, it is not CA income.
    If you are in CA to work, it is CA income.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 9, 2010, 05:43 AM

Just to reinforce what Mukata said: it does not matter where the company is based - what matters is the state that you actually work in. If you live in NV but commute to work in CA, they should withhold for CA. If you live in NV and work in NV, they should withhold for NV.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nevada taxes married to someone in California [ 7 Answers ]

I live and work in Nevada and am getting married to a man who lives and works in California (30 minutes away). I will continue to live and work in Nevada, but will come up to our shared rental house in California on the weekends. How should we file and is it acceptable to be married, but reside in...

Live & work in NY but work for same employer elsewhere.taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in NY and am employed in NY but am sent to work in other states when needed. Am I required to file taxes for every state they send me to work in, or just NY?

Live and Work in NJ; Employer Only Took out GA Taxes [ 5 Answers ]

I live and work in NJ. My employer is based in GA and, on my W2, only withheld federal and GA state taxes. I'm assuming I need to file a nonresident state return in GA as well as a resident return in NJ, and that on the NJ form I'll complete the section for taxes paid to another jurisdiction....

Live in Wy. Employer in Ca. Work in several states [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Wyoming which has no state income tax. My employer is based in California. I work at different sites in California, Arizona, and Nevada. (also no state tax) My employer takes California state taxes out no matter where I work. What is my best option when filing taxes at the years end and...

Employer in VA. Work in MA. Live in NH. Whom I should pay taxes. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I work as a contractor in MA on behalf of my employer who is based in VA. I live in NH. I receive pay check from VA based company for the work performed at their client's office in MA. I live in NH. To which state(s) I should pay taxes to?

View more questions Search