Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    power2thevoice Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2009, 09:20 AM
    JFK/Double Eagle Gold and Silver 25th Anniversary Coin
    I have a coin that has a gold inlay of Kennedy's face on the front with silver as the rest of the coin (except the double eagles on the back which are also gold). His name is engraved in the silver above his portrait and there are four stars on each side surrounding/under his portrait. The date 1985 is also underneath the portrait (still on the front).

On the back there is a double eagle gold inlay with "Twenty-Fifth Anniversary" engraved on the top silver along with three stars on each side going around the coin and the date 1960-1985.

Has anyone seen this coin? Maybe it's a popular coin and I just don't know about it? Was just curious!

Thanks for any input!

SG in Orlando :)
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2009, 10:50 PM

Powertothevoice- I have not found this coin in any of my books as of yet but give me a few days and I will try my best to find the coin and the values on it ;;have a great day and GOD BLESS;; NOTE IF you could post a picture of both sides on here it would be a great thing so that others can see it and Also I can look at it ::I do need a mint mark ofv it if it has one thanks ;F.B.E.
    power2thevoice Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2009, 07:39 AM

Thank you for your replies FBE! I will try to post the pictures today if I get some free time! Take care and God Bless as well!
    tshiple Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Mar 29, 2010, 07:16 PM
    I have no idea the value. My Dad left me 5 of them (set) with the Certificate of Authenticity #65392. He loved coins and they meant something to him so they are valuable to me. They are from the National Historic Mint in Westbury, N.Y. John F. Kennedy Memorial "Double Eagle" Commemorative Collection. May be of some help to find out what they are worth. Good Luck.
    tshiple Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Mar 29, 2010, 07:16 PM
    I have no idea the value. My Dad left me 5 of them (set) with the Certificate of Authenticity #65392. He loved coins and they meant something to him so they are valuable to me. They are from the National Historic Mint in Westbury, N.Y. John F. Kennedy Memorial "Double Eagle" Commemorative Collection. May be of some help to find out what they are worth. Good Luck.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 07:00 PM

tshiple- Thanksthere my friend,for
    The information, I will contact them tomorrow and get what is needed for this postHave a great day and GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.
    Philip1029 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2011, 11:06 AM
    I have one as well. It's photo is displayed at: http://numismatist.us/JFK%201985.jpg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parents 25th anniversary [ 6 Answers ]

Well in July my parents will have been married for 25 years. And I was thinking of organizing a huge party. I have most of it figured out, were going to rent a hall, and since I don't have a whole lot of money it will be a potluck supper(everyone brings a dish). Also a few of my cousins(I haven't...

I have a 1884 One Dollar Double Eagle Coin [ 3 Answers ]

What is the estimated value?

Why Are Double Eagle Coins Called "Double Eagle"? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi! That is my question. Thanks!

25th Anniversary Speech from Kids to Parents [ 1 Answers ]

I have to prepare for a speech for my parents' 25th anniversary before Thursday, May 29. Please help me. The speech should consist of some funny, serious, and emotional parts to it. Thank you.

1936 $25 gold coin [ 5 Answers ]

How much is one worth in MS65+

View more questions Search